Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During late summer, my HVAC system stopped working correctly. First, the fan would only run on high. Then, nothing! A mechanic replaced the blower resistor and nothing. The mechanic told me I needed a new blower motor. I installed a new motor. Nothing. I checked to see if power was going to the motor and nothing. He didn’t check that so I am afraid the new motor was a waste of money. I brought the car back to the mechanic who has had the car for 2 days and nothing. He said all the fuses are fine. Now he wants to install a new controller. He is going to put that in Friday. He said the diode lights weren’t working. Tonight, I noticed the rear defroster light is illuminating. I live in Minnesota and heat is a necessity. Anyone have any thoughts on what else can be looked at. I am at a loss, both for ideas and money!

Btw, it’s a 2004.

·
Registered
2 Posts
tell everyone on these forums that 90% of all the hvac and power issues are the 2nd HVAC MODULE not the 1st one.... Malibu models are known to collect alot of moisture which damages the mother boards of everything in the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts