Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HYBRID - 2009 - or 2008 - any comments?

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  manolo2008 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm about to buy a 2009 Hybrid Malibu.

I'm interested in hearing about them. Specifically any issues at all with the finish, interior, also the engine, gas economy, etc...

Thanks,

Nick

Discussion starter · #4 ·
I was set on buying the hybrid as well. Things I didn't like were that you never really run exclusively on battery; if you have the a/c on, the engine still runs at stoplights which cancels the benefit of the hybrid. The positive was the tax credit that made it comparable in price to other models.

I ended up buying the 4cyl LTZ with the 6 speed auto. My commute is mostly highway and I get 29mpg on average. I just took a trip to Los Angeles and got 35 on the freeway. In LA, I hit stop and go traffic and heavy traffic on the city streets. I got 22mpg. That is the worst I have gotten so far.

The 6 speed makes the 4cyl feel quite powerful. The hybrid felt a bit gutless to me. Test drive the 6 speed model before you buy. If you drive in city traffic every day, the hybrid might still be the right choice.
Thanks.

My daily commute is 18 miles through city streets (who wants to go on the 4-or-5 miles an hour freeway...) so it looks good for the Hybrid.

When I want speed... the Corvette Z06 is my next car...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.