Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told when I brought my 2016 malibu hybrid that the hybrid system was warranted for 80k. I was told yesterday that it needs to be replaced but it is not covered under the warranty. I have 70K miles. Dealer said that the batteries are only covered up to 40k. Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,457 Posts
Read the owner's manual and/or check the laws in your country.

On your next car purchase, believe nothing unless it's in writing, such as the manual or a warranty document. There's a reason why sales people and lawyers are considered the among the least respected.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,898 Posts
2016 Hybrids sold and normally operated in the USA and Canada receive 100,000 miles 8 year coverage on specific hybrid components including the HV battery. They allow for up to 40% normal battery degradation and can replace with a used battery within 10% of that reduced capacity state. Outside the USA and Canada I have no idea what is offered so check with your local gm owner center website if you didn't receive or don't have a warranty booklet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.