Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I reset the oil percent-life?

I tried holding all 4 buttons on the left side of the steering wheel, I went into the manual and read it.

I do not know what I'm doing wrong.

Someone shoot me :cool:

·
Registered
438 Posts
How do I reset the oil percent-life?

I tried holding all 4 buttons on the left side of the steering wheel, I went into the manual and read it.

I do not know what I'm doing wrong.

Someone shoot me :cool:
I think you go into the DIC and toggle through to the oil life indicator. Then you would hold both info and enter (also the reset button) at the same time until it resets.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you go into the DIC and toggle through to the oil life indicator. Then you would hold both info and enter (also the reset button) at the same time until it resets.
lmaoooooooo, i didn't know you had to hold both down at the same time, i think i tried holding the res and the button under it at the same time but not the info button >_<

thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have not tried this but the last time I had mine in for an oil change, I made mention that I may do my own, dealer was very cooperative, even took me out to the car to have the tech show me some pointers. I am a heavy duty truck shop service manager so turning wrenches are easy for me. He was great about showing me how to do it and then when he got to the reset of the oil life, I said I know how to do it..... he said if you read the manual then you don't! It seems the oil life was getting reset to easy and they switched the procedure. I did not watch him but he said what you do is turn the ignition on and slowly push throttle to full throttle and then let come back to idle. Do this 3 times and turn the key off and when you turn it back on the oil life is at 100%. Like I say I did not watch himas I took his word. But when I got in the car it was back at 100%.

Let me know if this works....mine is a 09 4cyl 6spd.

·
Registered
144 Posts
or with the buttons on the steering wheel, press and hold INFO and <- together for about 2 seconds, and the first thing that comes up is the oil reset. Press and hold the <- and release, and it will say "ACKNOWLEDGED"

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
schwalbach: Joke right :|

crm2019: Thanks.

I will do this tommorow, I couldn't believe after changing the oil (I had to take the air filter out to put the oil filter on >_>) that I couldn't figure out how to do this >_<

·
Registered
32 Posts
It is in the owners manual because I had to do it the other night. My dealer forgot to reset it on my last oil change so I figured I would do it myself.

So after 3 tries I got it , I feel retarded also and I used the manual.

·
Registered
438 Posts
schwalbach: Joke right :|

crm2019: Thanks.

I will do this tommorow, I couldn't believe after changing the oil (I had to take the air filter out to put the oil filter on >_>) that I couldn't figure out how to do this >_<
I sure hope he's joking. You definitely do it by holding in both buttons and then acknowledging again by holding the enter key.

·
Registered
36 Posts
for all you non believers who are quick to chastize people, I suggest you go out to your car and turn on the ignition, and stroke the throttle from idle to full throttle with engine off 3 times and sure enough it resets to 100%. By the time you get the pedal to full throttle the third time it goes to 100%. Worked all 4 times I tried it and yes I did put enough miles on between to get off 100%.

Apoligies can be posted here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
for all you non believers who are quick to chastize people, I suggest you go out to your car and turn on the ignition, and stroke the throttle from idle to full throttle with engine off 3 times and sure enough it resets to 100%. By the time you get the pedal to full throttle the third time it goes to 100%. Worked all 4 times I tried it and yes I did put enough miles on between to get off 100%.

Apoligies can be posted here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I wasn't judging you, but it seemed like a joke. Anyway, to appease you I tried it, and it didn't work. FYI - I have a 2009 3.6l made in October of 2008.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Can someone tell me which button is the enter button? I have the 3.6 LTZ and on my steering wheel or anywhere else for that matter, there is no enter button as everyone indicates in the post.

·
Registered
122 Posts
As far as pushing the gas peddle down...some GM cars are built that way. I have not tried it with my Malibu, but that is how you reset the oil life on our '04 Alero. You have to push the gas peddle all the way down 3 times in 5 seconds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.