Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2002 Malibu and I was wondering how exactly you fold down the backseats??? I can't wait to take her out for a nice road trip!

·
Registered
512 Posts
There should be either tabs in the seats themselves or handles in the trunk. Usually they're just little cloth rings in the seat backs that you pull down, or if the controls are in the trunk, just give each one a pull and the seat backs will unlock.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Copied from a response somewhere else on the web (love Google!):

You open the trunk and on the left hand side ceiling of the trunk you will see two nylon straps hanging. The one on the left is for the big side which has to open first. Then the one on the right is for the smaller side. You just pull as someone pushes the seat down.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Wow. Talk about the wayback machine. My 97 was the same, and I'd have replied to look in the trunk if someone else hadn't beat me to it. The only thing is- I don't recall having to open the 60 side of the split seats to be able to open the 40. It seems to my (admittedly 5 years out of touch with that car) memory that you could release either side independently. In fact, I believe we took advantage of that fact to keep my two children in the back seat while packing the trunk and passthrough on the short side for several trips home with that car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.