Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
I finally got around to hooking this thing up, since I had to replace the front grille anyway. I modified a wire harness that I already had and created a pigtail. Since the low beams and high beams are the same bulb, I only had to find which wire was the hot. It ended up being the yellow wire. The bowtie stays on for both low and high beams, so it's pretty cool looking.
Nice Work!!! Looks awesome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I finally got around to hooking this thing up, since I had to replace the front grille anyway. I modified a wire harness that I already had and created a pigtail. Since the low beams and high beams are the same bulb, I only had to find which wire was the hot. It ended up being the yellow wire. The bowtie stays on for both low and high beams, so it's pretty cool looking.
Is it a 2 wire or 3 wire? I'm thinking of this mod but hooking it up with a fuse tap for power and a ring terminal for ground.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Long time reader, first time poster. 😁

2017 Malibu Premier

I was able to get my hands on an Illuminated Bow Tie (official, not eBay crap) and I wanted to wire it into the headlights, so that when they turn on, the bow tie lights up. Does anyone know which wire on the headlight harness would accomplish this? I tried searching for a wiring diagram, but I cannot find one unfortunately. The connector on the passenger side uses an 8 pin design (two rows, 4 on 4), but only uses 6 pins in the actual connection.

Once I have it installed, I will post pictures.

I did attach two pictures of the actual bow tie. I was able to light with two leads coming from a 9 volt battery.
Where did you pick up the lighted emblem?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,681 Posts
Where did you pick up the lighted emblem?
If you were to take just a few minutes and read the thread, he shared that already.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts