Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

illuminated vanity lights in sun visors

17K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  DOACanada 
#1 ·
I am getting a base LS and just noticed on a test drive that the mirros inside the sun visors are not illuminated.

assuming the 1LT, 2LT, or LTZ visor mirrors are illuminated, can I just swap them into the LS? are the power connections for the lights tucked up under the head liner somewhere?

has anyone with an LS done this yet? I basically want to know if this is a simple plug and play swap.

#3 ·
Re: illuminated vanit lights in sun visors

I don't know if it's a plug and play swap, but it's probably not too hard even if not. Most likely you can tap into the power from the overhead dome light area. That would mean pulling the headliner loose, at least.

#4 ·

I have the vanity light on the driver's side, but not on the passenger's side, and I have an LS.

#6 ·

Well, my car is an oddity. When they got it, I had won the car for good attendance at school (Pretty fortunate, right?), and I chose a Silverado at first. Later on I test drove all of the vehicles offered and I enjoyed the Malibu. When I chose it, it was just off of the truck, 32 miles on the odometer. They had a few pieces missing, so they had to mix and match and supposedly there was a few things wrong with it cosmetically originally.

I have a few options that some don't, and I am missing some things...like the dealership called me to install the lights behind the door handles on the interior a week ago. I did not even know I was supposed to have them. Very cool stuff.

#12 ·
Yup, completely and entirely free. All I had to pay was an upfront payment to my insurance to have my insurance include the new vehicle. It replaced a beat-up (and dead two weeks later) 2000 Toyota Echo. Sales tax...purchase...everything was free. I got to pick from five vehicles in all (All Pontiacs and Chevys), and being in a Ford family I must say the godsend was a very confusing gift indeed :D I originally picked the Silverado, like I mentioned above, but when I drove this I fell in love. I had to agree, though, that it was not a "complete" Malibu and had been shipped missing a few cosmetic things. They have called me in to replace parts that are supposed to be on the Impalas and Auras with an official Malibu part and to put in my sunshades (Only the driver's has the vanity light).

I just found out recently that the entire air filter assembly is straight from an Aura, but I was relieved to find out that the air filter I purchased fits both Aura and Malibu ones (4cyl, of course).

#14 ·
WHAT?!

I want to transfer to your school!

#17 ·
Speaking of illuminated vanity lights, the right light in my right visor is malfunctioning. Possibly burned out. It did function when the car was new.

Is the bulb / lens 'assembly' easily replaced (by the dealership)? Or does the right visor need to be replaced (by the dealership)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.