Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm looking to upgrade my stereo, frankly the stock one is just decent. I'm looking at chevrolets website and it says premium system is 8 speakers including 2 subs. Last night I was looking in the trunk measuring stuff and my count is 6 speakers. I got the A piller tweeters, 6.5s in the front doors, and 2 what appear to be 6X9 in the rear deck? I got nothing in the rear doors. Are the subs located elsewhere? I do have the 6 disc indash changer which should have the 8 speaker set up. Let me guess the general cheaped out on the '09's and the new premium system is a 6 speaker setup? Anyone got a clue on this? Did I just miss the "subs"?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have the premium, I believe mine has 8 speakers and the subs may be located under the floor in the back of the car but I am not sure. It sounds real nice for a stock system imo.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The subs are in the rear deck. It is a little deceiving.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the premium, I believe mine has 8 speakers and the subs may be located under the floor in the back of the car but I am not sure. It sounds real nice for a stock system imo.
Don't get me wrong, for a stocker it's nice but I'm a stereo snob :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is how they count the eight speakers 2-tweeters 2-door speakers and then there are 2-6x9 woofers with 2-mid/tweeters on the 6x9s. Basically they are taking a coax 6x9 (or 2 way)and bi-amping the speaker so it has separate sub and mid/tweeter power. I just added a 10" sub and amp from my old vehicle to my Bu' and it improved the sound dramatically.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is how they count the eight speakers 2-tweeters 2-door speakers and then there are 2-6x9 woofers with 2-mid/tweeters on the 6x9s. Basically they are taking a coax 6x9 (or 2 way)and bi-amping the speaker so it has separate sub and mid/tweeter power. I just added a 10" sub and amp from my old vehicle to my Bu' and it improved the sound dramatically.

AH HA! I get it, pretty sneaky. Good stuff, thanks fantech.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.