Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
the best thing to do is check with a dealer parts department or a specialty car audio store. They will be able to suggest some good looks that fit with the design. I would keep in mind the ambient lighting in the car is green so if your looking for a deck rtry and get one where the lighting matches up

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi dude, Well I got Piece for my CAR audio mod

I want to install a Avic-z1 in my car
because I don't like on star module ... well it's a good system bu not as far my avic ...

What i Need 3 Module to keep my

On-star Systeme On ( Airbag ... on star assitance , door chime etc ... ) with antenna adaptor...
The module for this is : os-311 form PAC

To keep My Steering wheel audio controle i neeed

The module for this is : SWI-PS ( P-S for Pionner and Sony radio ) from PAC

And to have my NAV information like backup-Tachy ... i needed a module to convert GM-lan data in car information

The module for this is : NAV-1129 from PAC

Well for the trim ... i'm not sure which one to choose
because my car audio dealer asked me one

but i say a another one from Scosche GM1593B

but i dont know what is the trim look in the car ...
welll

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am getting the Kenwood DNX7100 installed today. Will try and post some pics up later on in the day.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Blends in nice.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What's the price tag on that unit including install? Does it integrate thoroughly with all the Malibu steering wheel controls?
I picked up the unit for $800. after the wiring harness, ipod controls, steering controls and installation it ran for about $1200. So it def was cheap but worth it because I really depend on that navi when I travel. The iPod controls rock, everything is integrated right on the system and yes the steering controls work great! The only thing it disables is the beeping sound from the seat belt indicater and the left/right turn signal sound. I would need the onstar adapter for that to work but I just don't see a need for it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I bought the LTZ so it has the premium bose sound speakers
I could not find who made the premium sound system for the LTZ. My 08 Equinox has premium sound, and it has Pioneer badges on the door speakers. I could not find any markings on the LTZ speaker.
Did you find Bose markings when you tore into yours ?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Quick question regarding the IPOD - anyone know where I can find the audio jack to plug into the malibu from the ipod? Radio Shack, apple store???

·
Registered
795 Posts
Quick question regarding the IPOD - anyone know where I can find the audio jack to plug into the malibu from the ipod? Radio Shack, apple store???
I do not own a Ipod, but I would think the two stores you mentioned would have it. Wal-Mart carries a few Ipod items and if you can wait a couple days order online from Amazon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I could not find who made the premium sound system for the LTZ. My 08 Equinox has premium sound, and it has Pioneer badges on the door speakers. I could not find any markings on the LTZ speaker.
Did you find Bose markings when you tore into yours ?
Actually when I was researching what car to buy I read several articles that talked about the Bose speakers and my salesman mentioned it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lee is right about both having them. I wouldn't suggest purchasing it from Apple though only because they have a higher markup for such a small cable. i purchased mine from radioshack, just let them know your looking for a male to male audio jack.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As a follow up, has anyone thought of trying the GM PAL (personal audio link) with their iPod??? It allows you to control almost any function of the iPod from the factory radio, and the radio in most Malibus (US8,US9 radios) accepts the mod. Here's a link: http://www.gm.com/shop/parts/ipod/PAL+Quick+Ref+Guide+NOV07.pdf

http://www.gm.com/shop/parts/ipod/

Eventhough it only states certain vehicles, those vehicles' radio head units are pretty much standard throughout GM.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm going to pick up the cable tomorrow, thanks for the info - the GM PAL info is very interesting, worth a shot!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.