Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate that there was no option for an in-dash navigation system in the '08 malibu. I currently have the I-pod adapter for the malibu from GM and I HATE IT!!!!! :mad: Has anyone looked at or installed an in-dash nav in their malibu yet? I am looking at the Kenwood DNX8120. Check it out:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DNX8120/Kenwood-Excelon-DNX8120.html?tp=144

Does anyone have any feedback or ideas for me? I want to make sure it will work since it is $1500 for the unit itself.

Any feedback would be MUCH appreciated!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
if you need double din dash trim i got it and painted to malibu interior ... look very great ( i selling my one ) because i sell my Avic-Z3 ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
You have to realize that the Chevy in-dash nav systems are about $2250 in the vehicles they are offered in. For that price, you can get a Pioneer Avic-Z3 with all the whistles and bells to make it function with steering wheel controls, back up camera, xm radio, and a built in 30 GB hard drive. Most dealers will add it to the cost and cut a check to the company supplying and installing the deck. So far it's the best unit I've found, and I've done my research for a couple years. Check any magazine out there, and they will all tell you that aftermarket is the way to go versus oem. Don't be completely stuck on Crutchfield, great company but overpriced in some areas. I found the unit for under $1300 and did background checks on the selling company and all. It's been about a year since I looked, but do your homework. A few minutes could save you hundreds and get you what you really want. The hard drive is great, because you only need to load the maps one time, with a dvd based system, any time you need to reroute, you need to put the discs back in, and if you're listening to a cd, that sucks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Don't be completely stuck on Crutchfield, great company but overpriced in some areas. I found the unit for under $1300 and did background checks on the selling company and all. It's been about a year since I looked, but do your homework. A few minutes could save you hundreds and get you what you really want.
He is right, Amazon.com is a fantastic site. do your research on the Crutchfield to see what unit will fit in your vehicle (and the parts you will need to keep the Onstar and what not) and go on amazon and see that the price is like 300-500 dollars cheaper. Its great.

Also, if you can wait a little bit (because I am in Kyrgyzstan and I am due home June 29th) I have a unit that I can sell you that I have never put in my car(still in plastic) and I can sell it for 500 bucks obo. Its a Pioneer AVIC-D2 and I have the bracket for the malibu and the only thing you need is the cable to keep your onstar if you want. Hit me back if you are interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.