Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

First post. I am patiently waiting for the better deals to start becoming available to the Bu. I have my eye on a Met Blue 4cyl 6Spd LTZ...but the interest rates are keeping me from it. I only buy American so the only other car I looked at and like is the Fusion which has money back and 0% right now. A loaded Fusion V6 with exception of Nav I can get for 0 down and $408 a month (60). The LTZ is no where near that and that is with 72 months. I am having a hard time rationalizing the Bu. The Pros for the Bu are the warranty, looks better etc. Anybody know when these cars will have better deals on them. I realize it is a hit for GM but everytime I am interested in something from GM, it seems to be this case:)

Currently have a 94 Impala SS and a 2003 Tahoe.

Cheers,

Jeff

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys...so the 4.9 in Canada is that for 72 months as well if you know? I keep my cars a long time. I have been watching that site for rates and offers but does not change much.

My local Chevy Dealer only sold 27 cars last month and they are hurting but they do not want to come to my terms...so we both decided to wait til the end of June (when Fords 0% ends) and see what the General is going to offer.

Cheers,

Jeff

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm going to hold out until later in the summer to see if any deals show up. My daughter will likely be getting a job sometime in August, so that's my target date for Malibu acquisition. Hopefully by then the 09's will be out and they will want to move the 08's. That may limit my choice of selection, but if it is real bad I'll just order an 09 instead.

Right now I can get an Impala SS cheaper than a Malibu LTZ if you take into account GMS, rebates and interest rates. If the MPG wasn't so low I might even consider the SS.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know what you mean...my local chevy dealer tried to talk me into an Impala not remembering that I was only there to get a 32 MPG 4 cyl:) and then I pointed outside to my 94 Impala SS:p

·
Registered
700 Posts
Thanks Guys...so the 4.9 in Canada is that for 72 months as well if you know? I keep my cars a long time. I have been watching that site for rates and offers but does not change much.

My local Chevy Dealer only sold 27 cars last month and they are hurting but they do not want to come to my terms...so we both decided to wait til the end of June (when Fords 0% ends) and see what the General is going to offer.

Cheers,

Jeff
4.9????? Not what I was looking at....They were originally at 1.5% for up to 60 months than on 72 months it jumped up to a 9.25%!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ford Fusion - Dont do it!
We had a 2006 Ford Fusion SEL - Loaded
After 1 1/2 years we traded it in for the malibu and it was worthless, they do not hold their value at all, ours was 0% for 60 months as well and I will never touch that car again. After the 1 1/2 years we had it; it only held about 48% of its value, the malibu right now is getting 49.5% after three years.:eek:

Hi All,

First post. I am patiently waiting for the better deals to start becoming available to the Bu. I have my eye on a Met Blue 4cyl 6Spd LTZ...but the interest rates are keeping me from it. I only buy American so the only other car I looked at and like is the Fusion which has money back and 0% right now. A loaded Fusion V6 with exception of Nav I can get for 0 down and $408 a month (60). The LTZ is no where near that and that is with 72 months. I am having a hard time rationalizing the Bu. The Pros for the Bu are the warranty, looks better etc. Anybody know when these cars will have better deals on them. I realize it is a hit for GM but everytime I am interested in something from GM, it seems to be this case:)

Currently have a 94 Impala SS and a 2003 Tahoe.

Cheers,

Jeff

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. The thing is that I keep cars for long periods of time. My main concern is was it reliable? Resale does not bother me. Reliability does.

I know the bu gets better MPG as well but jsut a big price difference for me to digest...and I have owned mostly GM my whole life...so I am not taking it lightly.

Cars Owned in Order...

70 1/2 Camaro
78 Monte Carlo
93 Bonny
95 Explorer:mad:
96 Tahoe
94 Impala SS
2003 Tahoe
2008 Malibu (hopefully)

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status