Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far - no incentives on the Malibu. Given the rave reviews and the newness of the model, this is not surprising. I really like the Malibu, but it makes it tough to select when I can get $2000+ rebates and great financing on other GM models. I really want the LTZ, but loaded it is over $28K, which makes it tough to swallow with absolutely no incentives.

Has anyone heard about Malibu incentives coming down the line?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Dealers in my area are having a hard time getting Malibus. I don't think you will see incentives until 2009.
Between our GM card and GM incentives we could get $4,500 off before Dealer discounts on the Impala, but we liked the Malibu better. The Impala was a better buy, but we went with the Malibu.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll wait until end of March and see if anything appears. Probably not, but I'm still a couple months away from buying anyway.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I signed the paperwork on my Malibu on Saturday. If I did traditional financing, there would have been a $750 Manuf. Rebate. I did a SmartBuy, so I wasn't eligible to receive it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I signed the paperwork on my Malibu on Saturday. If I did traditional financing, there would have been a $750 Manuf. Rebate. I did a SmartBuy, so I wasn't eligible to receive it.
Checking the site for GM incentives shows no incentives for the Malibu.
Was the $750 from GM or the dealer.
http://www.gm.com/shop/currentoffers/

·
Registered
123 Posts
Checking the site for GM incentives shows no incentives for the Malibu.
Was the $750 from GM or the dealer.
http://www.gm.com/shop/currentoffers/
It may have been from the dealer, but at the top of the paperwork it said "Manufacturer's Rebate". I guess it doesn't matter since I didn't get that extra little anyway:(

I did get to get Supplier pricing, though!:D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It may have been from the dealer, but at the top of the paperwork it said "Manufacturer's Rebate". I guess it doesn't matter since I didn't get that extra little anyway:(

I did get to get Supplier pricing, though!:D
I plugged in the numbers on the GMS website and it appears as if I would get about $1200 off MSRP for the LTZ. Right now I have about $750 in GM credit card points, but you can no longer combine that with GMS. So I wonder if I'd be able to negotiate far enough down from MSRP and use the credit card points in order to get more than $1200 off MSRP.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I plugged in the numbers on the GMS website and it appears as if I would get about $1200 off MSRP for the LTZ. Right now I have about $750 in GM credit card points, but you can no longer combine that with GMS. So I wonder if I'd be able to negotiate far enough down from MSRP and use the credit card points in order to get more than $1200 off MSRP.
I guess it would depend on the dealer. I'm sure some will be strict to say that you can't combine the points with GMS pricing.

When I went in, I told them I was a GMS customer, told them about my trade, and that was it. About 20 minutes later, the Internet Mgr came back with all of the numbers....no negotiating necessary.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess it would depend on the dealer. I'm sure some will be strict to say that you can't combine the points with GMS pricing.

When I went in, I told them I was a GMS customer, told them about my trade, and that was it. About 20 minutes later, the Internet Mgr came back with all of the numbers....no negotiating necessary.
That's how I bought my Avalanche and Grand Prix. It was the least painful buying experiences ever.

·
Registered
795 Posts
What is GMS?
GM supplier???

·
Registered
795 Posts
We were able to get $1,000 off from our GM card.
$500 rebate from Farm Bureau Insurance (Not sure if that is available in all stated)
$1,200 cash discount from dealer.

Check out the Farm Bureau thing. I had to join for $35, but I got $500 off the Malibu, plus $500 off a Equinox.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What is GMS?
GM supplier???
Correct, GMS is the GM Supplier discount program. It makes the car buying process so easy, and almost no negotiating necessary...except if you're trading.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Correct, GMS is the GM Supplier discount program. It makes the car buying process so easy, and almost no negotiating necessary...except if you're trading.
This will be my first vehicle purchase in 20 years that didn't involve a trade in. I'm giving my daughter my Grand Prix as a hand me down.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Hoe does it work, Patrick? I'm not at all familiar with the program.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hoe does it work, Patrick? I'm not at all familiar with the program.
The company you work for has to be on the list of GM suppliers in order to qualify for the discount. Then your company gives you a link to the website where you type in your information and print out paperwork that you bring to the dealer to get the special price. I believe it is anywhere from 91%-95% of the MSRP, depending on the model. For a loaded LTZ, it is about $1200 off MSRP, which isn't that spectacular. But I don't think you could negotiate that much off of the MSRP with the Malibu right now.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The company you work for has to be on the list of GM suppliers in order to qualify for the discount. Then your company gives you a link to the website where you type in your information and print out paperwork that you bring to the dealer to get the special price. I believe it is anywhere from 91%-95% of the MSRP, depending on the model. For a loaded LTZ, it is about $1200 off MSRP, which isn't that spectacular. But I don't think you could negotiate that much off of the MSRP with the Malibu right now.
I couldn't negotiate at all.....I see why. The car is in high demand, and if I walked away, I know another person would just take one off the lot.

Funny story, I was watching an older couple sit in a Malibu on the showroom floor for about 30 minutes. Then, the guy starts inspecting the car from front to rear, asking about the fuse boxes and whatnot. You shouldv'e seen the look on the salesman's face after he spent 1 hour going over all the features, and the couple just walked away....

·
Registered
239 Posts
I can help you guys get supplier discounts if you need them. I know people who work at GM who can give the codes out.

And I just bought a Malibu myself two weeks ago for $27801.63 out the door including all tax, title and fees. It's a Dark Grey LTZ with Sunroof and Rear Power center. Got em down $1700 under the supplier price :) Played one dealer against the other, and they added the $750 in coupons that expired April 30th. Not to shabby and I looooooooooove the car!

BTW, I financed through State Farm Bank, since thats who my auto insurance is through. 5.25% for 60 months and they include GAP insurance for free (Meaning if the car gets wrecked and you owe more on the loan than the car is worth, they take care of it). Rates are currently as low as 4.89%, but I opened up a credit card within the last 6 months, so I got dinged a bit. But at least then the dealers aren't adding a ton of add ons to your loan when you go into buy. Just went in with two checks when I was ready. One from State Farm and one personal check.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can help you guys get supplier discounts if you need them. I know people who work at GM who can give the codes out.

And I just bought a Malibu myself two weeks ago for $27801.63 out the door including all tax, title and fees. It's a Dark Grey LTZ with Sunroof and Rear Power center. Got em down $1700 under the supplier price :) Played one dealer against the other, and they added the $750 in coupons that expired April 30th. Not to shabby and I looooooooooove the car!

BTW, I financed through State Farm Bank, since thats who my auto insurance is through. 5.25% for 60 months and they include GAP insurance for free (Meaning if the car gets wrecked and you owe more on the loan than the car is worth, they take care of it). Rates are currently as low as 4.89%, but I opened up a credit card within the last 6 months, so I got dinged a bit. But at least then the dealers aren't adding a ton of add ons to your loan when you go into buy. Just went in with two checks when I was ready. One from State Farm and one personal check.

That's incredible and encouraging!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.