Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Try not to laugh, but I have a strange issue with the drivers seat in my 08 LTZ - there are two permanent indents from my butt that are left in the seat that remain there until I get back in to drive again....

I'm hoping the leather will "break-in" and this will go away, but it doesn't look like it....

It's almost as if the leather is too loose or something....

Anyone else have this slightly embarrasing problem?

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Could we get a picture of this?....The car's seat, not yours.::(:rolleyes:
I knew somebody was gonna say it! :D Way to go 'blu! :D

I only get to drive mine about once a month.... when it needs gas. The wife is so little so wouldn't leave an impression on a marshmallow.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha.... yeah, it's really stange. I'm not heavy by any means at 170 pounds, so I'm kinda stumped. I was hoping someone else would say "I know! Me too!", but we'll see....

I'll try to get a picture here...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the same thing in mine, and I am pretty little,.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I go over my leather seats with conditioning cream once a month when I detail the interior and that eliminated the problem ;)

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Leather is skin, so cleaning and conditioning does a lot, but with time and use some things just happen--like indentations. Unless you can change your butt, pants, stuff you put on the seats, it's just a fact of life...hopefully with time and watching what you press into it unintentionally, it will lessen.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Noise...Beauty pics in your gallery.Looks like Batman's daily driver.:cool:....I really love the closed rear-door shot.I can easily see it as a 6'x6' print or painting on my wall.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Correction:The just mentioned 'closed rear-door' picture is in the Ride Show Off section.:eek:....In there is a picture of the driver's seat that appears to have the beginnings of the aforementioned Canadian crater.....Is it worse than that now?

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maliblu - thanks :)

Yes - the attached picture definately shows what I'm seeing - though it is now definately worse than that...

I do also have leather conditioner, which I have been using since new.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Is there a leather conditioner that you guys recommened for the UltraLux (suede) seats? Although, I have not noticed this problem with these seats...perhaps they "stretch" more than the full leather. :confused:

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Is there a leather conditioner that you guys recommened for the UltraLux (suede) seats? Although, I have not noticed this problem with these seats...perhaps they "stretch" more than the full leather. :confused:
You don't want to use ANYTHING of the sort on the UltraLux seats. The centers are synthetic suede, more like a microfiber cloth material, and the sides are vinyl.

Here was a link I posted before that has been posted elsewhere in reference to the UltraLux care, via UltraSuede furniture which is essentially the same material:

http://www.ultrasuede.com/about/care/index.html

The only thing possibly worth applying would be a Scotchguard spray on, for extra protection.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Going back to the indentations, I have the same problem but much worse when it comes to my second row. I have two child seats and every time they get pulled out I notice they are leaving horrible marks on the leather. Any ideas?

·
Registered
122 Posts
You don't want to use ANYTHING of the sort on the UltraLux seats. The centers are synthetic suede, more like a microfiber cloth material, and the sides are vinyl.

Here was a link I posted before that has been posted elsewhere in reference to the UltraLux care, via UltraSuede furniture which is essentially the same material:

http://www.ultrasuede.com/about/care/index.html

The only thing possibly worth applying would be a Scotchguard spray on, for extra protection.

Thanks Beach...I had not used anything on the seats yet...I am glad that I asked first!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Going back to the indentations, I have the same problem but much worse when it comes to my second row. I have two child seats and every time they get pulled out I notice they are leaving horrible marks on the leather. Any ideas?
I experienced this problem first on one of the other vehicles I'd owned with leather. Ever since the 07 Av, if the vehicle has leather, I get an old beach towel and fold it to fit under the car seat. It helps prevent the more or less permanent impressions that the seat bases otherwise make.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I experienced this problem first on one of the other vehicles I'd owned with leather. Ever since the 07 Av, if the vehicle has leather, I get an old beach towel and fold it to fit under the car seat. It helps prevent the more or less permanent impressions that the seat bases otherwise make.
Thanks for the tip. I tried it for the seat bottoms, gotta go to the store and get them all in black so that they blend in with the car a bit. Maybe I can find a brick/ebony two tone towel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.