Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to pass along to all who own either the new Malibu or the Epsilon model something of concern with putting on alloy rims or aftermarket rims. The studs in the front hubs will probably not be long enough to stick through aftermarket rims to allow you to thread on the lugnut more than three threads, this is very dangerous and can lead to possible loss of a rim and damage to your ride. There is a fix though, you can replace the studs with longer studs from the dealer, just go in and ask for stud for an 07 with aluminum rims, these studs are almost a half inch longer than the standard studs, which are pilot studs ( they don't have thread all the way to the end ), and have threads to the end of the stud. Here's a couple of pictures of my friend's 08 with 22's on it. We had to replace the front studs with the longer ones for enough thread for the lugnuts. Also to replace the studs on the 08's and up the hubs almost have to be removed from the spindle, just be careful not to break the wire for the ABS sensor that's a part of the hub.

·
Registered
36 Posts
holy crapola, I wish I could see the pic of that tint job.

·
Registered
303 Posts
it is 5x110 for the Malibu

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,151 Posts
The last post was years ago. I closed your other thread and am closing this one as well.

It's not just old but you're posting the same questions all over. Ask once in the correct thread (if you don't find what you're needing has already been posted) and then wait. We have members on here all the time and you will get an answer.

Closed...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.