Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked all fuses and many relays that appear to be related to BCM and instrument cluster, but they appear to be good. I say appear because I give some doubt to my skill.

The fuel is shown as empty on the radio display, but the info on the radio is shown the remaining driving miles that seems to go down slowly, so it's appears to be working.

There is no code, but the Evap for emission is not complete, probably due to low gas level.
So, what would be the problem? Wirings? Ground? Instrument cluster or BCM?

Thank you for any help or pointer.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,874 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Also, what year is this for? My 2006 come with a wiring issue to the BCM. Try pushing on this plug and see if there is any response.

Reactions: Nam

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for helping. I was reading that thread. I will buy some dielectric gel and try it. I have unplugged it and plugged back without any changes.
Some more information that may help, is that the vehicle runs normally. However, left and right turn signals don't work and has no relay clicking sound.
My vehicle is 2007, 3.5L, 6 cylinder.

The BCM model is 15941000.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Now there is more than one plug there, not sure which plug is associated with the guages though

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took the BCM out and carefully putting all silicone dielectric grease on terminals of all plugs, on the back and the front. I did the same on the BCM side. I don't know if I put enough, but there is no change.
One thing I would like to add is that turn signal works, it's just the clicking noise is not there.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Relay could be shot...yes even if brand new. Put test leads of volt meter to before the relay....see if power is getting to the relay itself

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Relay could be shot...yes even if brand new. Put test leads of volt meter to before the relay....see if power is getting to the relay itself
I checked the relays on the BCM and they all worked. However, I didn't check with a light, only for continuity. I checked for both open and close.

·
Premium Member
1,983 Posts
It's been a long time since I had this gen of 'bu but check the drivers door speaker to see if it works. Many function sounds come out of it.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I was refering to the flasher relay....i think its on the fuse panel....its round. Also remember there whats called normally open...and normally closed relays. So you need to know which one is which when testing relays. Some are zupposed to open ...or closed untill a certain voltage is applied

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was refering to the flasher relay....i think its on the fuse panel....its round. Also remember there whats called normally open...and normally closed relays. So you need to know which one is which when testing relays. Some are zupposed to open ...or closed untill a certain voltage is applied
I will double check all relays in the fuse box under the hood. Is there another place? Other than under the hood and the passenger front center (BCM location) and the driver side trunk, is there another place?

I also saw 2 electrical wires just laying around in front of the BCM. Each have a fuse attached to it. I wonder what that is. It's easily shorted because it's just laying there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Today, I replaced the BCM with a used one. The vehicle starts and moves. However, all the lights are still showing up on the dash and none of the meters work (mileage, speedometer, gas level, temperature, etc.).
So I put the old one back in, since I got a "Locked" on the info center, and I can't check mileage remained (for knowing when to fill gas).

I think there is either fuse or wiring issue somewhere.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Yup, you really gotta find where them wires go....seems like a dang headache. The flasher i am talking about is in the car....on the fuse panel....in the car I believe. Unless someone epse onows different

Reactions: Nam
1 - 13 of 13 Posts