Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reseraching and it looks like the intake from a 07 2.4 Cobalt will fit on a 08 Malibu with the 4 banger. Ive seen the intake from the K&N was thinking of trying this mod. Anybody try this yet?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had alot of trouble with the K&N intake on my last car a Chevy HHR 2006,as soon as it was installed I starting getting codes come up in the computer.It said it was running lean then it was running rich.At first the dealer took out the codes but after a few times he said it was the intake that was causing the problem and I should take it off because they would not honor the warranty anymore,as soon as I took it off NO MORE CODES??I`ll be honest with you for the amount of power it gives it`s not worth it,it makes alot of noise and not much more power.Only my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the noise it makes. It wounds awesome. Did you return the intake and try a new one? I had one on my 01 F150 and it was awesome. Im just hoping that I would get the same results. Im not looking for alot of power Im just trying to make it breath easier and not have to worry about paying for air filters every 3000 miles when all you have to do is clean it. Oh well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I took it off and replaced it with K&N replacement filter which worked just fine.I hope you don`t get the same results as I did,some guys did some didn`t.K&N seems to say that the tube was too small in diameter which caused the codes.Good luck!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
its gonna be almost imposible to run an intake on the 2.4L, the intake is made into the engne cover.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bignick. All you have to do is take off the engine cover. Besides my whole goal is to replace the intake. I can modify the engine cover to go back on that would not be a problem.

Malibucanuck, what codes where you getting?

·
Registered
135 Posts
bignick. All you have to do is take off the engine cover. Besides my whole goal is to replace the intake. I can modify the engine cover to go back on that would not be a problem.

yeah i know that, its possible, but alot of trouble just for an intake

·
Registered
6 Posts
does anyone know where I can get an air intake SYSTEM? Not just the filter. I have a LTZ BUT with the 2.4l ecotec engine? thanks fellas....

·
Registered
701 Posts

Mexmali - May want to check if modifying the engine cover will void your warranty....Maybe it will maybe it won't but is it worth it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
the engine cover is a piece of plastic with sound deadening. it will not affect performance or reliability in any way...hence it doesn't affect warranty. neither will a cold air intake...he's not talking about the intake manifold.

that link on ebay advertises 10+ hp for $105...maybe a little ambitious. the cai for the sentra spec v was 4 whp. why not a panel air filter?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.