Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals....I make Cold Air Box intakes for the Pontiac G6. I sold one to a guy with a Malibu and it fit pretty good -Clicky Here but I need to find someone local to tweak it. Anyone in or around San Antonio and can help with this??

I have a web site and I just do this as a hobby. I wont post up the link cause I am not sure of the rules around here for advertisement and I dont want to make anyone upset.
Robert

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey guys/gals....I make Cold Air Box intakes for the Pontiac G6. I sold one to a guy with a Malibu and it fit pretty good -Clicky Here but I need to find someone local to tweak it. Anyone in or around San Antonio and can help with this??

I have a web site and I just do this as a hobby. I wont post up the link cause I am not sure of the rules around here for advertisement and I dont want to make anyone upset.
Robert
Lampoon: I just saw a K&N hi performance intake setup ad right at the bottom of one of these threads. I also took a look at the pictures on the other site you linked too. The setup looks similar. Is the cold box part of the intake tube or external to it? (and no, I've never worked with one of these.)

So what kind of performance increase might a cold air box system and a hi performance intake give to a 3.6l or 2.4l malibu engine?

DrD

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K&N dynoes just under 6 hp more. You will feel a difference. I own a
G6 w/a 3.5 and I felt a difference. It was like waking it up.
You also hear a difference.
The K&N vortex or tornado or series 77, etc has its issues.....You can read about one of them here.
Are you close to San Antonio by chance? Also I dont think there is anything for the 2.4 but if I get my hands on one we can make something. ;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
i think the mass air flow sensor is built into the air boxes on the malibus

·
Registered
72 Posts
Lampoon: Not from San Antonio or any where near Texas for that matter, (Keystone state here). Never been to Texas either. I do hear that things are a bit bigger out there.

I did have a ram air system on a 3.4l GrandAm that was claimed to add a few extra hp. If I ever look into a cold air system on my next car I'll look you up.

DrD

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Robert, you will not be permitted to sell your product here without some sort of Sponsorship Agreement. Let me know when you're ready and I can steer you to the appropriate people.

·
CMF Honorary Member
4,326 Posts
Lampoon if you see the CAI sticky you will see that there are ALOT of members who are interested in a CAI. I am as well. It might be worth it to you to get something going and get some sort of sponsorship. Maybe since you are a small company selling in small numbers they can work with you so you can sell your product on here. Please keep me posted either way in your CAI.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the reply...I forgot about this place til it emailed me.
Now Im gonna bookmark it! lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.