Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to thinking that instead of drilling a hole near the throttle body, intake valve cleaning spray should or can be sprayed down the intake hose on the 2.5 liter LCV engine. This would be after the MAF sensor with the car warmed up to normal temp. and at 2000-2500 RPM. There is nothing but the PCV valve outlet hose there, so this would wash out all the oil in the intake hose. It might be better then having to drill a hole near the throttle body. The airflow should easily carry the cleaner to the valves. I'd let it soak for an hour, then rev it up. Shoot the rest of it down the intake after that, then let them hot soak for another hour, and then drive out to a good back road or freeway where you can speed a bit and punch it up to 5500-6000 RPM HARD for a few miles. The 2.5 Liter is rated for about 7000 RPM, so keep it under that level and it should be okay. I plan on this every 10-15K miles. As an afterthought, it might be good to do this before an oil change, but that probably won't matter as it will all burn in the cylinders.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts