Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out what other model cars would be compatible with my 2009 Malibu that's the 3.5l engine. My transmission went out and I'm wanting to go to a local pick ur part to get as my budget sucks.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,672 Posts
With the 3.5L V6, you're looking for a 4-speed. Don't take a 6-speed, even if they say it'll fit. The TCM is different and so are the harnesses in the engine bay.

Saturn Aura, Pontiac G6.

Possibly others. Hopefully, other members can comment further.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,576 Posts
The gen 6 Malibu also offered the 3.5L V6 and 4-speed automatic that should be comparable.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The gen 6 Malibu also offered the 3.5L V6 and 4-speed automatic that should be comparable.
I would look more at the 6th gens that CP is recommending. The 3.5 was more of a fleet order engine for the 7th gen Malibus. Fleet as in taxis, rental cars, and any other fleet uses they may have had. My experience most fleet cars wil tend to get an excessive amount of miles, wear, and abuse from what ever fleet purpose they were destined to live. Now it's entirely possible you can find a gently used 7th gen with a 3.5 but i'd doubt it.

Reactions: DrivenDaily
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.