Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I don't own a Malibu, but I have a question. How does interior quality compares to other cars? Any rattling, poping, buzzing and whatnot?
I am sensitive to these things...For me, no amount of hp can make up for bad quality. I drove an 05 for a while and that was a rattler. Now I am in 07 Accord that is hardly better, drives nice, but gets on my nerves regularly.
So, if i was to dump it, would a new Malibu be the right choice?
BTW, I realize that no car is perfect, but I also know that some are significantly better than others within the same price range.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I 've had My Malibu for about 3 months now and have not experienced any quality or noise issues. This car is built very well.
My wife has a 2006 Accord for we to compare with some insight.
In my opinion the Malibu is so much better than the old style Accord.
I don't know about the new Accord design but I would recommend the Malibu highly.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I 've had My Malibu for about 3 months now and have not experienced any quality or noise issues. This car is built very well.
My wife has a 2006 Accord for we to compare with some insight.
In my opinion the Malibu is so much better than the old style Accord.
I don't know about the new Accord design but I would recommend the Malibu highly.
According to people on forums 08 Accord is at the same level of interior quality as the prev. generation. I.e. definitely not ideal :) That's why when I saw an ad for a low mileage ex-rental 08 LTZ it got me thinking :)
Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This info might not be too useful, since those things take a while to develop, but my wife and I test-drove an 08 Accord and an 09 Malibu on the same day. We both came away much more impressed by the Malibu in terms of comfort and road/engine noise. Although, in the end, it came down to my wife liking the look of the Malibu better. Now if the one we ordered would just get here...

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This info might not be too useful, since those things take a while to develop, but my wife and I test-drove an 08 Accord and an 09 Malibu on the same day. We both came away much more impressed by the Malibu in terms of comfort and road/engine noise. Although, in the end, it came down to my wife liking the look of the Malibu better. Now if the one we ordered would just get here...
well, with my Accord the rattles developed almost instantly :) I am sure they were there from day 1. Anyhow, in a couple of months I was quite frustrated already.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My car has been very quiet so far and believe me I have been watching, and looking for things in terms of quality issues. I have (knock on wood) been very, very pleased with this car.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
No rattles or other strange noises in ours either. I also am sensitive to those annoying little noises. They really get on my nerves.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds very nice :)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Agree with everybody, no problems on my LTZ, Super quiet and smooth ;) really like the cashmere and cocoa interior :D

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks pretty awesome. what's the exterior color?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have an annoying rattle in the roof behind the dome light. Sounds like metal plates or bottles clanging together. Need to get it fixed or will be unhappy. Have seen some others on here talking about the same problem. Have an 08 LTZ with sunroof.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.