Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Does anyone else have a very loose dimmer dial? The dial that adjusts the interior lights in my bu is loose and the whole square block (in between where the blank is for the former power pedal control is and the fog light switch) can be moved up, down, right, left, in, out. I just took it to the dealer (for a few issues) and they told me all '09s are loose. They claim it may be because it was originally designed to be supported by the power pedal switch. Since they d/c'd that option, it is not supported as there is a blank on either side. They said this is why it is soo loose and they can not replace it as there is nothing wrong with the switch.

Please ck your bu's and let me know if mine is the only one that is loose.

·
Registered
144 Posts
no, mines not loose, and neither is my cousins, or my uncles. make them fix it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Even if it's not a 2009.. being loose is unacceptable. I'm buying a brand-new American car, I expect everything to be just as stable/long-lasting as a German car. Poor quality is the biggest issue American automakers have with their vehicles and the ultimate reason their sales are so bad (Obviously disregard the current global economic crisis when I say this haha).

If I wanted to spend $20,000-$30,000 for something with loose knobs, vibrations, water leaking through the interior light fixtures, I'd try to build a car myself.

Take it back and tell them to fix it so that it meets your standards.

For the record, mine is not loose at all and I have yet to have any issues with my vehicle :p

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone else? if enough people do NOT have the problem, then im going back, lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
i just saw that you asked me if mine is an 09, and yes, i have an 09, and my switch is not loose. my other family members have 08's, and theres arent loose either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yea, and on the '08 (which I have) if you bought the LS (which I did) the switch has a styled plastic insert where the pedal control would be.

And mine isn't loose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.