Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2010 LT2, with a USB Port. I really like the car - everything works perfectly at 1,000 miles.

Twice in the month I have had it, however, my 30 gig ipod classic (about 4 years old) has frozen after being used in the USB slot. This is not a big problem (you just flip the "hold" button on and off, then press the "play" and center circle button for about 15 seconds, and the ipod resets itself).

But has anyone else had this issue? The ipod has the latest firmware, so I don't think that's an issue.

Also, my daughter says her ipod touch didn't work at all when she plugged it into the USB port. I can't complain about that, as I don't know all the circumstances.

Thanks for any perspective, help or suggestions!

· Registered
43 Posts
I've had issues, but different than yours.
I have the 1st gen. Touch, and what happens is it does not always detect it when I first plug it in. Sometimes have to plug and unplug a couple times for it to connect. Worse than that though, is I will lose audio while its playing. It still acts like its playing, but no audio out of speakers. I have to unplug, then plug back in for it to work again, only to have cut out again a short while later. The dealership replaced the whole head unit, but it still does it.
I've come to the conclusion that its my ipod and not the HU because my wife has the 3rd gen Touch and it always syncs the first time its pluged in and it has none of the audio issues.
Mine is so much of a pain, I really don't bother with it much anymore.

I'm getting back into more cd's again which really do sound so much better.

· Registered
4 Posts
My iphone 3 has the same problem. It will play for a few minutes then stop and the dash will say it doesn't recognize the device. I hope its just because I have an old iPhone because that defeats the whole purpose of having that package added.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.