Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a way to hook up my iPod to my factory head unit. I have been researching and found a company called Peripheral Electronics. They create a gateway that allows you to hook up an iPod directly to factory head unit and browse through songs, artists, albums, etc using the buttons on the head unit. It will also charge your iPod at the same time. Anyone else heard of this? I thought it was pretty nice. I’d appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone have this working with the iPod Touch? The Apple store said that some accessories that work with the classic iPod do not work with the Touch. The recommended confirming which models the Chevy adaptor would work with before buying an iPod.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I tried the ipod cable with my friends ipod touch and it also worked just fine. I normally use mine with the new 3rd generation Nano.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you are looking for GM OEM parts, look no further than Buy-OEM-parts.com.
We have original GM equipment and stock lots of accessory items. Please feel free to call me at 908-561-2900 ext 1147. Best Prices around! Can get you that IPOD hookup!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Basic question from me: I have an iPod and want to use it in my car. I know there is a front plug, but I don't see the proper attachment in my iPod case. Do I have to purchase some kind of converter for my iPod to work in the car? If so, what would you recommend?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Basic question from me: I have an iPod and want to use it in my car. I know there is a front plug, but I don't see the proper attachment in my iPod case. Do I have to purchase some kind of converter for my iPod to work in the car? If so, what would you recommend?
You can either purchase a Mini Jack to Mini Jack (Plugs in to your headphones and into the front port) or purchase the GM Ipod hookup. It will plug into the back of the radio and come through your glove box and your radio will control the ipod

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.