Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to trade in my current vehicle for a less expensive just get me to work and back car. I saw a 09 Malibu LT with 107,000 miles on it and seems to be in great condition with a few small dings and dents here and there. Carfax reports one owner and no accidents. The car was listed at $11,000 and I was able to get the dealer to go down to $10,554. If I purchased the car I would also get the extended warranty that would last for 50,000 miles or 36 months. The warranty would cover powertrain. My questions are, what are some common maintenance issues I would face in the future with this car? Also, is this a smart buy?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I am looking to trade in my current vehicle for a less expensive just get me to work and back car. I saw a 09 Malibu LT with 107,000 miles on it and seems to be in great condition with a few small dings and dents here and there. Carfax reports one owner and no accidents. The car was listed at $11,000 and I was able to get the dealer to go down to $10,554. If I purchased the car I would also get the extended warranty that would last for 50,000 miles or 36 months. The warranty would cover powertrain. My questions are, what are some common maintenance issues I would face in the future with this car? Also, is this a smart buy?
I saw 3 09 10 malibu's locally with under 60000 miles for Around that . I paid $12999 for my 10 3 months ago with 52000 miles . I know you are trading down but shop around .

Carguru is your friend . Check it out .

·
Super Moderator
4,550 Posts
That's priced several grand too high. I'd only expect to get $12k or so for my fairly loaded '09 3.6L with 60k miles in immaculate condition.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Location has an effect on pricing as well.

Check trader.com and see what they're selling for.

V6 commands a premium over the I4, you didn't mention which motor was in the car.

IMHO, the mileage seems high for the price.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Bought my '09 Aura XR 2.4L (same as a Malibu) with 114k from second owners for ........ $4,000 cash.

Of course, I have a laundry list of things the car needed to get it up to par, but all parts only total about $1,000 and labor is my own so I consider it free/hobby time.

You may want to look at the Aura as a cheaper option. Same exact car just priced much less and looks a bit different.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just my opinion, but the gen 7's were nicer "looking" cars than the current generation. I own a 2009, and it has been a great car overall. I especially like the interior, which just looks and feels like it was designed by a genius. I just test drove a 2014....and I dont get the same "vibe" from the newer model.....although I'm sure it's a good running car....the look and feel just do not excite me.....it's almost as if GM took a step BACKWARD to the 70's or something..... the interior parts just don't look to me like they belong together. Again, I understand this is just my opinion.....but I wonder if anyone else agrees with me. I am now looking at other makes.....something I would not have foreseen before my test drive.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Just my opinion, but the gen 7's were nicer "looking" cars than the current generation. I own a 2009, and it has been a great car overall. I especially like the interior, which just looks and feels like it was designed by a genius. I just test drove a 2014....and I dont get the same "vibe" from the newer model.....although I'm sure it's a good running car....the look and feel just do not excite me.....it's almost as if GM took a step BACKWARD to the 70's or something..... the interior parts just don't look to me like they belong together. Again, I understand this is just my opinion.....but I wonder if anyone else agrees with me. I am now looking at other makes.....something I would not have foreseen before my test drive.
Personally I think the best looking Malibus are the ones they made for the least time. The '13 is slick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts