Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know. I have alot of questions already. Is there a good internet site for aftermarket for the Malibu's. And is there a nice low profile set of flaps I can get to keep the stone chips to a minimum. Everybodys help is appreciated.

·
Registered
749 Posts

·
Premium Member
915 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
not many after market flaps for any car since the styling is so different on them all. best to get the chevy ones and know they fit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't remember but I'm going to assume you have a 2009 Malibu.. Your best bet though is to purchase from the GM Accessories Zone... not the best for cost efficiency but they're guaranteed to fit properly and look the best..

http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/accessories_details/vehicle_search/Chevrolet/2009/Malibu/Splash Guards - Molded/?tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm

TMoney

Exactly what I wanted. The cost sucks but what is cheap these days. Thanks for the link. Appreciated.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
TMoney

Exactly what I wanted. The cost sucks but what is cheap these days. Thanks for the link. Appreciated.
You can get them from a lot of places for a discount price. I just picked up the full set of front & rears for $72 from one of a few dealers selling them on Ebay. At $36 a set, it's the lowest anyone has them right now (most are $40+) and they came direct in the sealed GM boxes.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I got the GM guards from my dealer with a 20% discount. The front flaps require a single screw into the metal of the wheel opening. Being in an area where the roads are covered with a salt/sand mixture for a large part of the winter season I didn't want to expose the metal by drilling a hole. I went to an autobody paint distributor and bought a seam sealer product that I used to glue the guard to the fender. The sealer is 3M's Heavy Drip-Check Sealer Part Number 051135 08531. I put it on the guard and used the other two screws to fasten the guard to the car and taped the upper end where the screw would have been to hold it in place until the sealer hardened. The sealer is paintable but there is only a little bit showing through the screw hole in the guard.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.