Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I am new to this forum, i am 24 years old looking to purchase a new Malibu LTZ. I like my vechiles to go fast, i know it comes with the V6 but i am wanting a little more punch. I currently drive a Dodge SRT-4, stage 2 turbo, CAI and a bunch more. Unfortunately I need to find something more "Family" oriented. I looked at the Pontiac G8 but the average person only gets 16 MPG. I don't want to do much to this but i thought a chip and CAI. I can't find neither. So how far can you take these performance wise?

·
Registered
135 Posts
there's pretty much nothing out yet but a k&n airfilter, you can swap some stuff from a g6. but i'm not sure as to what yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had posted this a couple weeks ago but I ran across a Jet Performance Powr-Flow Mass Air Flow Sensor, part number 69116, specifically for the 3.6/217 CID with engine VIN code 7. It states that it improves mileage, increases horsepower and low end torque. If I remember correctly it cost about $290.00 on Ebay. If you try it out, make sure to post some results.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey Guys,
I am new to this forum, i am 24 years old looking to purchase a new Malibu LTZ. I like my vechiles to go fast, i know it comes with the V6 but i am wanting a little more punch. I currently drive a Dodge SRT-4, stage 2 turbo, CAI and a bunch more. Unfortunately I need to find something more "Family" oriented. I looked at the Pontiac G8 but the average person only gets 16 MPG. I don't want to do much to this but i thought a chip and CAI. I can't find neither. So how far can you take these performance wise?
Justin, I sent an email to these folks and this is the reply I received. Looks like they would like to work with someone. Just need someone to provide car to help develop items.

Below is note I received from mpracing.org
=================================================
Indeed we will be as soon as we find some people local who are willing to let us use their cars to make prototypes. We are for sure going to offer ported heads and intake manifolds as well we already offer in-person PCM tuning. If you or someone you know is willing to offer up their car we would gladly make parts ;) On a side note it has been found by at least 2 of our customers that the Cold Air intake that we sell for the 04-07 Malibu's will fit some models of 08-09 body style.

Regards,

Mark K. Pettersen
Owner of MP Racing
www.mpracing.org

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.