Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just trying to find out, once a vehicule has been built, how many days, weeks or months, can we expect to get the car to be release from the plant ?

Just very curious, have a car confirmed built Aug 18, but still sitting at the plant as of Sept 12.

Does this sound right to you guys ?

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Does this sound right to you guys ?
Nope, not to me.

I seriously doubt it stays at the plant for more than a day or two. At this point GM doesn't want to sit on inventory any longer than it needs too.

Maybe, because your Canadian, the car may be sitting waiting for others to be shipped to Canada??? I would think the assembly line is geared to accomodate shipping destinations along with customer demand.

Hopefully, your information isn't up to date.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That what I thinking also, but GM Canada has not been able to update either me or the dealer to the reason it is not being put on the shipping carriers. We ask for a trace on the vehicule....and all that they can say...It never left the plant. For the last month they have told it has not being shipped. I check with them multiple times in August & September.

Could they have lost it ? Or could it have been set aside for other reasons ? The online file has not mention of issues.

Now I am wondering about just cancelling this Malibu and going elsewhere. I had not ordered a GM since 1984 ....

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Now I am wondering about just cancelling this Malibu and going elsewhere. I had not ordered a GM since 1984 ....
I think I'd make the threat to the dealer. He should be the one actively searching for your vehicle. He has the clout to get GM to respond.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sometimes they put a hold on cars at the plant. In 97 I ordered a Corvette which was built in mid April. The dealer had notified me of the build date and told me it should be at their facility within a week. A few days later I was notified the car was on a truck. A week passed and no car, then another week and then another week. Through a forum similar to this I found out that several hundred cars were on hold at the plant. They had found a major problem with some parts from one of the interior suppliers and were replacing the door panels on all cars that were after a certain date. The truck my car was on was actually called back to the factory. I eventually took delivery at the end of May. The dealer had no clue as to what happened.

Bill

·
Registered
701 Posts
George...

This definately does not sound right. I am up in Canada and here is roughly the timeline I went through.

June 3rd, 2008 - Placed Order with Dealer
July 28th, 2008 - Built in Fairfax
July 29th, 2008 - Placed on a truck - On it's way to Windsor
August 15, 2008 - Picked her up from the dealer.

Here is what else I learned through my process. Apparently one of the car hauling companies in Canada went bankrupt early this year (januaryish). Leaving one less hauling company to take cars from Windsor to all the other dealers for delivery.

What I would try to find out is if the car has left (Orion or Fairfax) and if it is "stuck" in Windsor. Is GM Canada telling you it has been built but is still sitting at the facility? Or is it stuck in Windsor?

Hopefully this helps, and I would definately be calling the dealer and raising "$hit" over this one....Let them know you are looking at cancelling it if it takes much longer, also if you do get it, remember to fill out the dealer / GM survey....There are three different sections, one for GM, one for the dealer, and one for the saleperson you dealt with. This is where you get to "voice you concerns" over what happened.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi george,

Doesn't sound right. I ordered my malibu on June 25th. V6 LTZ. Originally I was told my build week was August 18th. Then about 3 weeks ago they told me there was a mistake and my actually build week was September 22nd. Needless to say I was bit angry as I made arrangements to sell my other car in time for the new one. My dealer told me GM chose to build a lot of 4s before they started the 6s and that was the reason for the delay. 2 weeks ago my dealer called me and said my build week had been moved up to september 8th. This morning I've been informed that my car has been built and is in transit right now. Its been a LONG wait and fustrating but it will be worth it!

UPDATE: My Bu was invoiced on the 10th, so I should get it any day now.

Hope you get your Bu soon!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Update: Dealer was to get a solution by 2PM yesterday. But all that we have now found out (Dealer & GM customer support) that the vehicule was confirm still sitting at the plant in Lake Orion. The car was built on August 18th actualy they confirm on August 15th that it was on the assembly line. GM says that there maybe a chance to put it on the train this Thursday or Friday and that it may get to dealer in 2~3weeks.

I have been a silent follower of this website. I have been very interested on the Malibu for some time now. But this has started the relationship on the wrong foot. At present, because GM stopped leasing here in Canada, and this vehicule was leased, I am forced to look elsewhere. The Sonata GL sport looks very good on the financial side to me, by saving over a 4 year lease, more than 2K. And I can get the car now.

We have not been able to find in Canada my vehicule order combination 2LT 17U Silver Ice + 83C interior + 4cyl/6at +XM + Bluetooth +Body side molding. GM at this moment has not even approved that we could swap the order for a car found on a dealer lot that would similar to the order.

I was very happy to have ordered the Malibu, that is where my heart is ....But this is not going in the right direction.

George:mad:

·
Registered
701 Posts
George, understand your frusturation....I really hope something comes through in a positive light for you and you are able to get a malibu. Best of luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.