Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really loving the Malibu as a replacement for my Impala in a little over a year, but the factory options and configurations all have one or two elements that, while not deal-breakers, make me have to put up with something that is either there that I don't want, or not there at all.

Please tell me if this configuration is feasible, and about how much would the modifications run when all is said and done?

My preferred combo would be a loaded LT1, but with the following modifications. Fog lights, spoiler, dealer-installed heated seats, dual exhaust tips, and aftermarket leather seats, in a single-tone color. (all-black, all-cocoa, or all-cashmere).

I don't like the LT2 wheels, the ultralux is nice but I don't trust it to stand up to the ravages of kids in the car. The LTZ is pricey, and has some things I don't really want or need, but even if I would get a deal, I don't like the wheels or either of the two-tone interiors.

So, am I just incredibly picky, or would any of you guys/girls go for this "personalized" Mallibu?

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
That sounds VERY reasonable, and even easy to do.

1) Fog lights, at least one here has already done, would just need to find the specifics on how and what is needed.
2) Spoiler, simple. Pick a style and have it painted and installed.
3) Heated seats, GM already sells the factory versions as accessories that dealers can install on 1LT's and LS's--easy clean like OEM.
4) Dual exhaust tips, if you mean both sides, that's not hard but not excessively cheap, just need the pieces from a model with them. One member had this done on their LTZ 4-cyl and it wasn't a 100% bolt on, but not terribly difficult either.
5) Aftermarket leather, simple, and done all the time in whatever color combo you would like. Here's one of MANY examples I've already seen, with light gray leather installed in the Ebony interior of a 1LT:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008...oryZ6170QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So you're not at all out of line, but you'll just have to accept that with the extra work and complication of ordering and having installed all these extra things, you'll still spend as much or more than you would from the start on just the next model rung up, i.e. likely the 2LT you don't like. But if it's what you WANT, that's not a bad thing at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.