Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My 08 LT1 now has just over 7500 miles. And 0 Problems. I hope. Just the other day I noticed a sound. Coming from the trunk area. After I shut the car off and walk behind the car, I hear a Click. On both sides. I dont remember it doing it before. Maybe I only noticed it since its getting cold out.
Its not the door locks. I didnt lock them.
Thanks
Escapemax

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine does the same thing everyday. I thought it might be the alarm system arming.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a Fuse Panel on the driver side. Maybe theres a Relay center in there as well. I never took the liner off to look. Next spring when I get around to installing a subwoofer I'll look. I could always ask the Chevy dealer. Maybe its normal since yours is doing it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's the exhaust system cooling down. You'll hear it more in cooler weather. The metal of the muffler and exhaust make this sound as it expands and contracts.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Possibly Since the muffler sits sideways.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 08 has been doing this since new. Sounds like an actuator or solenoid cycling...three times...click/clack/click.

Maybe someday, I'll have a need to take the car in for service. Maybe I'll remember to ask if they know the purpose.

Hey...I just remembered a reason to take the car in for service! My auto lift driver's window doesn't work...how annoying to have to hold the switch until the glass fully closes. :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
All my past vehicles have done this if it's cool enough outside. It's the hot exhaust system just cooling from contraction...sounds like metal popping pretty much.

I see no reason to make of mention, unless you're still unconvinced.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 09 mailbu does it and my 07 Sierra does it. I think it is the fuel pump turning off or something like that. It happens like 10-30 seconds after you shut off the car. You should not worry about it. It is normal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.