Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
No. The car in that picture is an Opel Insignia. It will serve as the next-gen Saturn Aura, slated for US production in 2010. However, we over at GMInsideNews have learned that the project's been halted for some reason. We're thinking that they're trying to up the fuel economy a bit, back to 33 MPG perhaps. They may also be sticking a diesel in, we don't know yet. This is a sedan, however there is also a hatchback that we've seen.

·
Registered
701 Posts
FenwickHockey65 - Sorry I meant the body style looks like an Infiniti G35 not that it actually was a G35 - I had been following those threads on GMInsideNews also....

·
Registered
512 Posts
FenwickHockey65 - Sorry I meant the body style looks like an Infiniti G35 not that it actually was a G35 - I had been following those threads on GMInsideNews also....
Actually, I was replying to the OP...hehe. :D

·
Registered
512 Posts
I wish they would send this over because I would buy one!!!!!
You're in luck. It'll be here in 2010 as long as they settle whatever delaying it.
The interior is especially nice. The Euro-spec version we saw even had a manual.

Just switch the RHD to LHD and you'll get our next-gen Saturn Aura. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Bump that...I really like this current model. The pics are nice but I'll stay with what I have.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Depending on pricing, I'll definitely have to consider this car when it comes time to change...hopefully whatever problems they're having will be resolved.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Unfortunately no, that's why we think it's been delayed. It'll look bad on GM's part if the next-gen Aura gets worse fuel economy than the current 33 MPG.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The European-spec Opel Insignia may have a diesel engine as well...for all we know, GM may be considering sticking it in the Aura.

·
Registered
27 Posts

I really really really hope the 2012 Malibu's have this trim level... i'm saving my pennies for it now :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
looks like the 2009/2010 Opel Insigna which I saw quite often in europe. Like the style of it alot. but that one is a bit different maybe a higher trimmed level?

My bad, I didn't notice this was the second page lol. but yeah, also comes with stock 20's....saw the HB version and liked it. I just dont like red interior lighting.... gives me a headache.

·
Registered
27 Posts
looks like the 2009/2010 Opel Insigna which I saw quite often in europe. Like the style of it alot. but that one is a bit different maybe a higher trimmed level?

My bad, I didn't notice this was the second page lol. but yeah, also comes with stock 20's....saw the HB version and liked it. I just dont like red interior lighting.... gives me a headache.
The red lighting, from what I've read is only on when you're in sport mode, otherwise you've got white... which is just a cool feature.

Thats the Vauxhall Insignia VXR, the Opel Insignia OPC is its German sister... this is the same chassis that the new LaCrosse is on, the 2011 Aura was supposed to come off this as well but with Saturn being sold who knows what happens then. Everything I've ready (which isn't much) says this is the 2012 Malibu, but obviously there is no word, yet, on what is going to happen in terms of trim features.... that said, a 2013 Malibu Sport (or something if they're infact staying away from the SS moniker on the 'bu) with AWD and 20" rims and that trim would be sawwweeeeet! I'm starting to save my pennies now :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
It comes with a 6 spd manual or auto... but who knows if GM would bring that stateside... the VXR has a 325 hp 2.8 ltr turbo charged V-6... I would see them bringing something like that stateside with Pontiac but who knows now.

Here is every picture you could hope to want to see... those recaro seats would be awesome!

http://www.netcarshow.com/vauxhall/2010-insignia_vxr/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.