Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who may remember in an old thread, I mentioned I haven't gotten any compliments on the 'Bu.

Well, after a little over a month of owning her, and casually going about my business....I finally got a compliment! I was at Whataburger for lunch with a co-worker, and was able to get Rockstar parking (in front of the door). After we were done and throwing away our trash, a guy asked "Do either of you drive the Malibu?" I replied "Yeah, it's mine". He asks a few generic questions about how I like it and gas mileage and so-on. He stated he's looking into getting one soon and it looks great. He hopped into his Accord coupe (from the '99-'02 body style, my absolut favorite body style), backed up behind it to take another look, then drove off.

I know this is trivial excitement, but I was just happy to get a compliment (I felt like I was left out from my fellow forum members!)

Looks like Chevy might win another import buyer! Just thought I'd share!

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Way to go, Patrick. It's a fun feeling when someone thinks your car is cool enough to actually stop you to ask questions about it. Not that we need it, but it does validate your own impression of the Malibu.

GM has a real winner here.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hey, that's great.
Now quit parking near the front door where you may get door dinged :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got my first compliment within 1 week of owning the car. Someone at a Walmart parking lot parked next to me and pretty much asked the same questions, how I like it, gas mileage, etc. Also said its a slick looking car.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, that's great.
Now quit parking near the front door where you may get door dinged :D
I can't help it! It's a subliminal thing...if there is a parking spot right at the entrance, TAKE IT! It's like something that goes off in my head!

·
Registered
244 Posts
It's funny about the parking situation - I get so worried parking it anywhere CLOSE to where people can smash their doors into my car so I'll park far and walk - but it NEVER fails that some JoeSchmo has to park smack dab right next to me just so he/she can get a look at the Malibu - there would be 20 empty spaces between my car and the closest spot to the store and sure enough I come out of the store only to see one or two cars next to my Malibu -- gawkkkersss

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's funny about the parking situation - I get so worried parking it anywhere CLOSE to where people can smash their doors into my car so I'll park far and walk - but it NEVER fails that some JoeSchmo has to park smack dab right next to me just so he/she can get a look at the Malibu - there would be 20 empty spaces between my car and the closest spot to the store and sure enough I come out of the store only to see one or two cars next to my Malibu -- gawkkkersss
Exactly! The farther away I park, the more cars that park close to me. It's Bass Ackwards!

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Exactly! The farther away I park, the more cars that park close to me. It's Bass Ackwards!
In those situations I've found that the guy that parks next to me is doing the same thing, .....protecting his car. I've never found damage to my cars when I park them away from the crowds and find another car parked next to me when I return.

Conversely, I have had shopping carts pushed from across a parking lot into my Ridgeline as well as my Caddy. :mad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is the exact reason that I park way away from everyone else and parrallel park taking up 2 or 3 spaces. If you do this no one can park next to you. You may get complaints if the parking lot is full but if it is not or if it is a big parking lot, normally nothing ever gets said.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Conversely, I have had shopping carts pushed from across a parking lot into my Ridgeline as well as my Caddy. :mad:
You are right, it is not fail safe. Last month a friend parked her car at the far end of the lot and a high wind blew a cart across the lot into her car. It showed up on the store camera, so they paid for the damage.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At least they paid for the damage!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Some days, no matter how careful you are, shit happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.