Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE - Got my Build Date (It's been ordered! - 2009 2LT)

- UPDATE -

Well I am getting closer and closer....Here is what I know...

Build week / date - July 28, 2008
Pricing - MSRP - $31,725 (Excluding Destination Charge)

Now I just have to wait! Can't believe how impatient I need to be for my baby to be born!

LOL

---------------------------------------------------------
Hello All...

Well, it is now official....I put the order in this weekend. Other than the images attached I have no other new information.

Dealer is supposed to be giving me a call to provide me with an estimated delivery date. As of right now it is estimated between July and August....Quite a large delivery window but hey...I know more information will be coming.

Attached is the form used to place the order...I will be sure to update as I get more information.

Cheers!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Congrats! You'll love that car :)

How come you ordered the LT2 with the engine package instead of just getting the LTZ? What was the price difference?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was a big price difference here in Canada (based on 08 numbers). However my main reason was the full leather interior in the LTZ. I am in the power tool industry and I am constantly needing the "throw" which will now be put things in the back seat of my car....Full leather would not be good for me, so in order to get the ebony (Leather/Suede) option I had to go to the LT2.

All in all I am really happy with what I ordered, and with the price difference I was already "stretching" more than I wanted to but at the end of the day I plan to finance this car and not lease and hope to have it for many years. So I was trying to find the happy medium for both.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
All in all I am really happy with what I ordered, and with the price difference I was already "stretching" more than I wanted to but at the end of the day I plan to finance this car and not lease and hope to have it for many years. So I was trying to find the happy medium for both.
Excellent choice, Chad. Looks like you'll be our first '09 owner!:D

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Pizza Man one more red one to add to the list!....I could be the first it all depends on when it gets delivered.

I must say one of the biggest reasons I went for the 09 was because of the bluetooth feature, as I said before, I do a lot of driving and having bluetooth will certainly be nice.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I hope you have better luck with the bluetooth compatibility than other consumers have. I have read many articles that consumers are not able to pair their handsets with car makers built-in bluetooth devices. This goes for Toyota, BMW etc. Since this is GMs first take at this, I hope they have learned from everyone else. I am not sure what the exact problem is, but success rates have been low!

I was disappointed with the 09s that they removed the turn signal side marker and the adjustable pedals! The side marker is an especially "classy" feature. I have many bluetooth headsets that work just fine while driving. That's one reason I wanted to make sure and get an 08.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I was disappointed with the 09s that they removed the turn signal side marker and the adjustable pedals! .
I did not realize these items had been removed for 09.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I had noticed that some items had been removed back from an old thread talking about the addition of bluetooth.

I went through the website and noticed that there was a deletions section. Now in talking to my dealer it was noted that sometimes U.S. models have deletions that Canadian Models do not have.

Will have to wait and see what actually is still there. Although the telescopic steering wheel is a feature that I noticed I used (I am 6' 4") the telescopic footpedals I did not use....Wonder if they are going to delete both or just the foot pedals one?

The side marker was also a disappointing as I agree with most added a nice touch of "Class / Luxury" wonder if it will actually happen.

Now I just have to instil that virtue of being patient!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congrats and thanks a friggin lot! I've had my car for a month now and it's offically 'the old last years model'....;)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks NotmyCar.....Sorry for making your car the old model. Let's just hope the 09's meet up with 08's.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So you can't get adjustable pedals on any 09 Malibu, even as an option?
Not sure will have to wait and see as more information becomes available, thinking I will email my dealer with some questions regarding the side turning signal light and the adjustable pedals.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I believe the side markers were just renamed (this same topic came up on the GMInsideNews forums), and that the cars will all still have them. The adjustable pedals seem to be gone though. I've been hoping to find an 09 on the lot locally to see, but it'll be a little while before those actually start showing up. I'm especially curious as to what's taking up the space where the pedal adjustment control is now.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If you can't get the pedals, then I'm really happy that I bought an 08, because I'm 6'5" and it makes the car so much more comfortable to drive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you can't get the pedals, then I'm really happy that I bought an 08, because I'm 6'5" and it makes the car so much more comfortable to drive.
I agree... I'm 6'4" and the pedals make a big difference for my comfort as well as the people that sit behind me. When i bought the car i put the seat where i felt most comfortable and then got in the back seat to see if i could fit. Amazingly i could!!! No other car i test drove i could do that! Love this car!

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Aside from the heated seats, the adjustable pedals were the biggest reason my wife wanted the Mailbu. She is very short. The Malibu gives her the ability to position the drivers seat at a safe distance from the steering wheel. She then extends the pedals for a comfortable reach. She loves it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I agree. I love the telescoping wheel / adjustable pedals. I get in, set the seat so that the (other than steering wheel / pedals) are at a comfortable distance, then adjust the steering wheel and pedals to match.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Geesh, You all are stating to make me regret getting an 09'. Will have to see what the end result is. I am 6' 4" also, and although I didn't think about it too much till now the adjustable pedals were a nice thing to have so I can position the seat approiately.

Well, I guess I am keeping my fingers crossed now, I will give me a dealer a call when I get back to Canada. ( I am in Eau Claire Wisconsin right now.) See what he has to say.

Thanks for all the positive feedback so far, it looks like this is going to be a great club just like my current GP club is!

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.