Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a few problems with my car so far, blown speaker, sunroof cover tracks replaced( very hard to slide), steering column replaced ( made grinding noise) nothing 2 major

well over the last few days i have had a few new problems with my car. if im stopped or even when im moving slowly and turn the wheel there is a loud popping noise( when i say loud i mean i can hear it even with the radio playing)..... and every once( happening more often now) in a while if i am making a WOT pass on my car when it gets to where it shifts it hits the rev limiter then shifts the tach shows like 6800 rpm when it does that :( that's a sign my trans is on its way out....

thank god for the warranty

but i still love my "Bu"

im going to try and get it in the shop Friday. ill keep you all updated

·
Registered
139 Posts
In another thread, I said I passed on the loaded Impala for the not-so loaded malibu.

I'm beginning to question whether I did the right thing.

Turn back the clock and I would have the Impala in my driveway no question.

Looks only go so far.......

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nawww the Malibu is a great car, the way i rip on my car is probably what caused this.
i wish i would have waited a few more months then got a G8

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
nawww the Malibu is a great car, the way i rip on my car is probably what caused this.
i wish i would have waited a few more months then got a G8
It absolutely is a great car, as evidenced by our '08 2LT 4-cyl. 13 months and 13k miles, and just great. Has had a couple of small things, but all fixed quickly and nothing related to driveability, etc.

As for the G8, oh yes, it is fabulous;) A different beast than the Malibu, but a very enjoyable one. Both have their merits, as I see daily with both in the driveway.

Hopefully you get this issue figured out...is it something a dealer tech will be able (or has been able to) recreate easily?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.