Jacking/Lifting 2008 and newer Malibus:
Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle
J 43625 Lift Pad Adapter (Those of you familiar with the C5/C6 Corvettes will recognize these adapters as the famous "Hockey Pucks". They are available from several Corvetteforum vendors (http://forums.corvetteforum.com/index.php
Important: The use of a LOW PROFILE LIFT ARMS SYSTEM may be required to avoid unwanted contact with the vehicle's body and structure depending on lifting equipment used. Refer to the manufacture's recommendation for their applications of low profile lift arms system for their lifting equipment.
Caution: To avoid any vehicle damage, serious personal injury or death when major components are removed from the vehicle and the vehicle is supported by a hoist, support the vehicle with jack stands at the opposite end from which the components are being removed and strap the vehicle to the hoist.
Caution: To avoid any vehicle damage, serious personal injury or death, always use the jackstands to support the vehicle when lifting the vehicle with a jack.
Notice: Perform the following steps before beginning any vehicle lifting or jacking procedure:
• Remove or secure all of the vehicle's contents in order to avoid any shifting or any movement that may occur during the vehicle lifting or jacking procedure.
• The lifting equipment or the jacking equipment weight rating must meet or exceed the weight of the vehicle and any vehicle contents.
• The lifting equipment or the jacking equipment must meet the operational standards of the lifting equipment or jacking equipment's manufacturer.
• Perform the vehicle lifting or jacking procedure on a clean, hard, dry, level surface.
• Perform the vehicle lifting or jacking procedure only at the identified lift points. DO NOT allow the lifting equipment or jacking equipment to contact any other vehicle components.
Failure to perform the previous steps could result in damage to the lifting equipment or the jacking equipment, the vehicle, and/or the vehicle's contents.
Vehicle Lifting - Frame Contact Lift
Front Lift Pads
When lifting the vehicle with a frame-contact lift, place the front lift pads on the front lower brackets, inboard of the rocker pinch weld flange and outboard of the front frame rail, at the torque box location, as shown.
Rear Lift Pads
When lifting the vehicle with a frame-contact lift, place the rear lift pads on the rear frame rail, at the torque box location, as shown.
Notice: When you are jacking the vehicle at the front locations, be certain that the jack or the jack lift pad does not contact the front fascia, front fascia air dam, or the front fenders. If such contact occurs, vehicle damage may result. When jacking at selected front locations additional clearance may be required for the jacking points.
Important: When you are lifting a vehicle with a service jack, block the wheels at the opposite end from which you are lifting. Use jack stands to provide additional support.
Front of Vehicle
When using a service jack under the front of the vehicle use one of the following locations:
• Place the service jack pad in the same location as shown for the front lift pads.
• Under the front frame crossmember, as shown.
Rear of Vehicle
Important: Place jackstands ONLY under strong and stable vehicle structures.
When using a service jack under the rear of the vehicle place the jack pad on the rocker panel flange, at the torque box location, as shown.