Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, PLEASE respond guys. respond I have tried a lot of options but nobody can figure out what's wrong with my chevy malibu 1.8hybrid 2016. I have rebuilt the diaphragm in the valve cover and the car seemed to work fine. then suddenly it started jerking driving around 30miles. per hour and stopped I tried shifting into gears it seems as if doesn't but when I give full throttle it jerks a bit but nothing more. We assumed that it was a faulty transmission but the mechanic disassembled it and couldn't find anything wrong. after that it worked fine for a couple of days and did the same thing when I started the car it jerked a bit but nothing more. I hear a buzzing sound coming from the engine. all spark plugs have been replaced, air filter as well. Please let me know where to look for it. could that possibly be a faulty oxygen sensor? ODBII once showed that but basically every time i plug the scanner, it shows whole new errors. I don't know what to do

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,462 Posts
Please share the OBD codes so our members might have a sense of what you're fighting.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,898 Posts
Thanks for sharing those codes. Some of them I can find some I can't. A couple seem to be missing a character/digit but it is also possible my info is incomplete.

How many miles on this Hybrid?

·
Registered
2018 Chevy Malibu Hybrid
120 Posts
We assumed that it was a faulty transmission but the mechanic disassembled it and couldn't find anything wrong.
I hate to be skeptical, but disassembling the transmission would be an extremely expensive job. What did they charge for that? I doubt it was really done. If you drive in EV mode without the engine running, do you still get the same jerking? I suspect something in the valve cover repair didn't get put back together correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts