Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The internet has not been kind to me as a Malibu Hybrid owner. Not a lot of information to be found, and when it is found, it's always in a question without an answer.

Anyways, I need to jump start my 2016 Chevy Malibu Hybrid and there isn't any info that I've been able to find. Do I connect the hybrid battery and the 12V battery, or do I just connect to the 12V. I'd rather not mess anything up before attempting to Jump it. I know there is a cable that runs from the 12V over to the HV battery. So I do assume that I can just connect to either end of that as I believe it just connects the 2 terminals together.

I am looking forward to getting an answer so I can charge the [email protected]*d and be able to drive it to a dealership and trade it in. After everything I have experienced with this car, I just want to get rid of it as it is just a burden to me. I want a regular old gas, single battery powered, simple car. Over these complications.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,230 Posts
You can't do anything with the high voltage battery. The high voltage battery controls the major start duties while the 12V powers the electronics necessary for that start action. If it's the 12V holding you back it can be jumped. I have no idea how the HV and 12V interconnects.

Check out page 353-356 of the owners manual for detailed steps to jump the 1.8L Hybrid. Careful.

Attachments

Reactions: SilverSport

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't do anything with the high voltage battery. The high voltage battery controls the major start duties while the 12V powers the electronics necessary for that start action. If it's the 12V holding you back it can be jumped. I have no idea how the HV and 12V interconnects.

Check out page 353-356 of the owners manual for detailed steps to jump the 1.8 Hybrid. Careful.
I believe it is the hybrid battery that needs juice. It's registering as low. I just need to know basically do I jump it, or I've read that maybe it charges itself when it's on?

The owner's manual only specifies non hybrid models. It's doesn't mention how to jump the hybrid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wrong. Read the pages and link I gave you.
I'm not wrong. All it says for the Hybrid's is, "For hybrid vehicles, the engine will only start if needed after pressing ON/RUN/START. The Vehicle Ready Light will come on when the propulsion system is on and ready. In cold temperatures, the engine will not run with the hood open. Close the hood."
That and no other instruction lists how to jump it with the 12 volt connecting to the HV.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,230 Posts
I gave you the pages and a link to the owners manual. I'm not sure why you are refusing to read and choosing to be combative. I have doubts about jumping being the cure to your problem but I still gave you access to clear steps to jump start the 1.8L hybrid anyway. You can certainly refuse the help offered. I recommend you slow down and re-read post 2. As an alternative, have the car towed. Discussion closed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.