Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2016 Malibu Limited (Generation 8, according to this forum, I believe) since February of this year and I have already had a nail in both rear tires. About two months apart. Fortunately, the low tire pressure warning light came on both times when I was real close to home, so I drove it home both times and used a high performance tire plug kit to repair. Both plugs are holding perfectly. But, I think my luck has run out and I want to get a donut spare and a jack and lug wrench from a local junk yard to "supplement" the Inflator Kit. Will they know what size wheel and bolt pattern I need and what GM or other models have the same spare tire? Anybody know what junk yards are getting for this combo? (I suspect the demand it up!!)

Thanks in advance for any help!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
You can get the kit on Ebay for around $250-300. Im looking for a kit local myself. I keep a full size spare but it to tall for the hole. It'll get me by till I get the kit

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Got mine from Ebay for $225. + $45 shipping. But fyi even the doughnut spare is a tad too tall for the hole.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I got my doughnut spare today,
it also is a little too high for the hole ??! (about 1 inch?)

have you done something, to get it better?
or what can I do??

Thanks....

·
Registered
2 Posts
will a 2015 malibu compact spare which is 17x4 fit on my 2016 malibu limited that has 16" rims?

·
Certified Technician
701 Posts
will a 2015 malibu compact spare which is 17x4 fit on my 2016 malibu limited that has 16" rims?
It should. Especially if they have the same brake code.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts