Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here she is, splash guards and chrome pillars. Have to wait till end of Apr for the clear bra due to some repairs to the driver side fender :mad: After that, tinted rear windows not sure how dark yet :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tony, looks awesome. The chrome pillars are great; how/where did you get those. I'd love to add those to my bu. I've got my front splash guards installed---haven't had a chance to pop the wheels off and do the back. I tinted the windows shortly after I got my bu about a month ago, and it looks great.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
493 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here she is, splash guards and chrome pillars. Have to wait till end of Apr for the clear bra due to some repairs to the driver side fender :mad: After that, tinted rear windows not sure how dark yet :D

Tony,

Your car looks great! My only suggestion is to make the splash guards body color.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
She looks good Tony, now if you got rid of that front plate bracket that would really clean up the Grille ;)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She looks good Tony, now if you got rid of that front plate bracket that would really clean up the Grille ;)
I know :( I understant you have to drill out the rivets, little nervous about that. What if I mess the bumper? How did you removed yours?

·
Registered
23 Posts
The splash guards look great NOW, but my husband has them on his 2000 Silverado and there's a little rust starting to come thru next to the them in a couple of spots. (We live in Minnesota, salt, snert etc.) Any other options out there for guards? It seems the molded ones keep the salt and nasty bits close to the paint.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks;) Anyone with instructions on how to remove the front license bracket? What size drill bit, where to drill etc.?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you think the chrome pillars would look good on a black bu with all windows tinted or will it just look weird? I need suggestions

·
CMF Honorary Member
4,326 Posts
Personally I think it will break up the tint and make the car look shorter. I wouldn't do it. IMO the chrome pillars only look good on white cars.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Do you think the chrome pillars would look good on a black bu with all windows tinted or will it just look weird? I need suggestions
You decide.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks;) Anyone with instructions on how to remove the front license bracket? What size drill bit, where to drill etc.?
On a previous car, I used a Dremmel in the milldle of the rivet to drill out the head than just push out the rivet. The rivet is made of soft material (Probably aluminium) so it's not hard to drill. Just take your time.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
On a previous car, I used a Dremmel in the milldle of the rivet to drill out the head than just push out the rivet. The rivet is made of soft material (Probably aluminium) so it's not hard to drill. Just take your time.
Thanks Brossard, hey compa, do the door handles in chrome and the small window in the rear, think it will look better IMHO. I would but not very good at photo editing :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.