Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do your Malibus have a velcro piece with a soft material on the outer side of the passenger's seatbelt snap??? It's not on the driver's side. Is someone playing a trick on me??? I HAVE NEVER NOTICED IT before along with those in my car who have used the seatbelt. Pics would be appreciated!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, mine is the same way. And I've seen it on a few other cars - my wife's, my previous vehicle, etc.

Here's my take on it. It keeps the seat belt buckle from rattling on the side of the console. Since the driver should be wearing their seatbelt when they drive, it is not needed on the driver's side. Just my guess, nothing official on that.

I also noticed there is a small patch of soft material below the ignition switch. I'm guessing it keeps the key fob from rattling against the dash.

Chris

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yup. It's there to prevent the buckle from scratching up the center console or rattling as stated above. My '07 Malibu has a strip of rubber beneath the ignition to prevent the key fob or whatever's attached from scratching the FAKE wood accents...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I never noticed it before, so when I recognized it yesterday I thought someone put it there a a joke (not a funny one).

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Our driver's seat one squeaks a lot against the console, and I had seen a little pad on an Aura seatbelt before, so I'll have to look at ours closer. Don't know about the passenger but I need to add something similar to the noisy driver's...as my mother has said "that's the only noise in the whole car."

Weird, especially if it's one one and not the other given the identical tight spaces.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.