Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a definite day that 2009's are going to be on dealer lots? I was just at a dealer and they said production doesn't even start until beginning of July? I heard someone on the forums say they started production already.

Does anyone know for 100%

·
Registered
701 Posts
barhoc11 - It was confirmed I believe on www.gminsidenew.com that production for the 09 Malibu began on June 16th, 2008.

Rumor is that some are already sitting "in storage" facilities in the U.S. but they are holding on them for a while. Should be August by the time you see them starting to appear on the dealer lots.

This is just based on reading, research and talking to the dealers that I know.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
barhoc11 - It was confirmed I believe on www.gminsidenew.com that production for the 09 Malibu began on June 16th, 2008.

Rumor is that some are already sitting "in storage" facilities in the U.S. but they are holding on them for a while. Should be August by the time you see them starting to appear on the dealer lots.

This is just based on reading, research and talking to the dealers that I know.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help, that makes my decision to get an 08 easier. I do not feel like waiting until August just for Bluetooth. I like the side turn signals and adjustable pedals so I will just get a visor mounted bluetooth speakerphone and call it a day. Can't wait to post pics of my 2008 LTZ 4 cylinder 6 speed on the forum when I get it. Now the question is White or Dark Gray?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Thanks for the help, that makes my decision to get an 08 easier. I do not feel like waiting until August just for Bluetooth. I like the side turn signals and adjustable pedals so I will just get a visor mounted bluetooth speakerphone and call it a day. Can't wait to post pics of my 2008 LTZ 4 cylinder 6 speed on the forum when I get it. Now the question is White or Dark Gray?

barhoc11 - No problem, glad I could help.....Yeah, for me personally bluetooth was a major plus.....I have had most aftermarket systems, headset, exterior add-on bluetooth, and nothing really satified me. My boss has an Acura TL with the bluetooth built in and I have to say it is a damn nice feature. My only hope is GM doesn't screw it up on me, and I have waited patiently for this feature.

Personal preference would be Dark Grey - It will hide the dirt easier than white. I find white cars to be a lot like black cars, they look good when they are clean...but any other time not so much.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha, all of my cars have been some shade of gray and my last car was ordered in white but I caved and got the gray version because I liked how it looked better when dirty. What are the odds that the dealer I ordered my car from is getting in the same 2 malibu's, one in gray and one in white. I guess I will just make up my mind when I see them both.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am with you on that on malo.... My dad has black Granite.... I love the white

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.