Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my daughter with me to go look at the Malibu again. They had close to 20 of them lined up (it's a huge dealer). I liked the brown/beige cloth interior and dashboard the best, especially with the wood grain strip. But they only had that in the 1LT when I want to get the 2LT. They had exterior colors of black, blue, silver, grey and tan, but no red.

I saw quite a few that had the light grey/silver interior, and I was wondering how the light suede in the seats is going to hold up or whether it would fade/wear/stain easily. Getting in and out I definitely noticed how my butt rubbed up against the seat bolster area on the outside of the seat bottom. The seat warmers really work well. I didn't see any problem with head clearance, even with the sun roof, and I'm 6' tall. The ability to adjust the pedals, steering wheel height and distance from the driver, is excellent. I easily got comfy in the car.

Next step is to start test driving some of them. I just didn't have enough time today.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Next step is to start test driving some of them. I just didn't have enough time today.
Good luck, Boo. It'll be fun.

Damn, almost 20 Bu's and not a single red. Does Reedman have one coming in? I see that Barlow is listing an I4 in Red, but I can't tell if it's LT2 or not.

I was hoping the Moonroof wouldn't lower headroom for you. The wife loves the adjustable pedals. This is the first car we've had where she doesn't need to sit on top of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck, Boo. It'll be fun.

Damn, almost 20 Bu's and not a single red. Does Reedman have one coming in? I see that Barlow is listing an I4 in Red, but I can't tell if it's LT2 or not.

I was hoping the Moonroof wouldn't lower headroom for you. The wife loves the adjustable pedals. This is the first car we've had where she doesn't need to sit on top of the steering wheel.
Stopped at the Bristol Wal Mart on the way home and they have self check out!

·
Registered
244 Posts
This is the best part - trying out the one that you (and your daughter) like - I am loving my 2LT - and yes the heated seat warmers really kick in quick! I find myself taking longer breaks at work and going out to my car just to sit and warm my but and listen to the XM radio!!!
I think the wood trim makes the car very sharp inside!
Enjoy the hunt and can't wait to see pictures of the purchase!!!

ER

·
Registered
795 Posts
I was hoping the Moonroof wouldn't lower headroom for you.
We could not tell any difference in headroom if the Malibu had a sunroof or not. The Malibu sunroof pivots out. The sunroofs that slide back into the roof usually decrease headroom.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
We could not tell any difference in headroom if the Malibu had a sunroof or not. The Malibu sunroof pivots out. The sunroofs that slide back into the roof usually decrease headroom.
Good information, Lee. Especially for those still in the decision process.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm about 5"11 - no problem with headroom for myself - getting in and out of the car you have to watch your head a bit - a friend of mine got in and smacked it pretty good. Plenty of room in my opinion. The sunshade with the power package in the back is a cool idea if you have a laptop or item you need to plug in with a regular household plug!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Now that is a cool idea - plug the ole' Dust Buster in the back and vaccuum away! On a side note - this whole work thing is overrated - I wish I was drivng around in my car right now!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Stopped by the grocery store here in town and these 2 guys in a Cadlillac Escalade both wearing suits motioned for me to come over. Okay so I'm thinking they have mob connections or something. They asked me, "Say...is that the new Malibu --that's a hot car...can we come check it out?" So I spent 15 minutes showing off all the features of the car - felt like I was working for GM. Both were very impressed!

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Stopped by the grocery store here in town and these 2 guys in a Cadlillac Escalade both wearing suits motioned for me to come over. Okay so I'm thinking they have mob connections or something. They asked me, "Say...is that the new Malibu --that's a hot car...can we come check it out?" So I spent 15 minutes showing off all the features of the car - felt like I was working for GM. Both were very impressed!
I bought the first model year Honda Ridgeline and was stopped repeatedly to answer questions. I loved it! :eek:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Pizza Man - on a side note - do you own a pizza restaraunt or just like pizza? How far from Rt 13 are you? I'm only about 1 hour away - if you do make pizza - save me a slice!

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Pizza Man - on a side note - do you own a pizza restaraunt or just like pizza? How far from Rt 13 are you? I'm only about 1 hour away - if you do make pizza - save me a slice!
Good morning, Scott. No, I don't own a Pizza Shop. Pizza Man is a pet name from my wife because of my Italian heritage. It's also a nickname I picked up from some buddies on another forum, also because of being Italian. The nickname became so widely used there by them that I was permitted to change my original screen name to Pizza Man.

I do make pizza and I'm told it's pretty good. But, I am by no means a professional.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.