Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I have a 2010 Chevy Malibu and purchased the Kenmore KSC-SW11 subwoofer/amp to install myself. I haven't been able to find much on installation steps and what obstacles I may face specific to my 2010 vehicle. I found the below walkthrough which is great, but I am hoping for some more reference points.

Any additional help?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,228 Posts
LTZ with Bose, or non-LTZ without Bose?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,228 Posts
I am almost finished with my project in my LTZ with Bose.

I replaced the rear deck speakers and the door speakers but left the A-pillar tweeters in place. After feeling like I lost all my bass, I replaced the amp in the trunk.

While the whole thing sounds better overall, it still doesn't have the punch in the bass that it seemed to have with the paper-cone speakers. However, there has been a marked improvement in being able to understand the lyrics!

That Kenwood appears to have a sub-woofer speaker built into the housing, which is pretty cool.

Based on what I can see, you need to supply speaker inputs to the unit, plus a ground, 12V battery, and 12V "turn on" signal. The speaker inputs can be from the front or the rear, your choice. Just make sure you observe the correct polarity when doing so.

It looks like a very straight-forward installation, compared to what I just did!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts