1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No they didn't have a straight on view. the fitment issue I was thinking.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Honestly...unless your gonna put them on your Vette or Camaro, I wouldn't bother. BUT thats just my opinon.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i thought about getting these a while back and i changed my mind, simply because i didnt want to have chevy symbols everywhere (the headlights, emblems, reverse lights, side markers, floormats, stock wheels) i felt like it was gonna be a LITTLE too much chevy symbols for my taste and also i think they would look better on an suv or truck instead of a malibu

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think the 2LT includes chrome exhaust tips. Personally, I'd stick with those. But if you like the chevy exhaust go for it!

I have an LS, and I'm thinking about the chrome exhaust tip accessory, since the LS has plain steel exhaust.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,220 Posts
Was looking for something to do to the Bu' to spruce it up a bit, and came a cross these....What do you think?

Here is the link to where you can buy it.
http://www.automotiveconcepts.net/store/Chevrolet-Malibu_product_110192.html#
DOA,

I had my huge, too-quiet muffler replaced with a Y-pipe, 2 resonators, and gentle 45's out to the chrome tips on my 2LT. The shop had those tips and I really wanted them, but when I held them up to the round cutouts they just didn't look right. I would've bought them and had him weld them on right then and there, but even he suggested they wouldn't look right.

The sound I get from the twin resonators isn't like all those rice poppers, but it also isn't a V8 sound. Hey, it's only a 6 anyhow, right? But it's way better than walking up to the car in the dealer's service bay while it's running and not being able to tell. Plus I get that better feeling when I step on the go pedal and hear it make its report. Not loud but not a mouse.

A nice extra when the twins were hung is that they're even less visible than the stock muffler. They're smaller and there's a huge amount of real estate under there where that crappy muffler used to be. He was able to put it to good use and tuck them way up and out of the way. When it was all done he even made sure to correct the alignment of the tips. They weren't hanging evenly but now they are! Just feels better knowing that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.