Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leather care help

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  jeffsstaples 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2010 Malibu LTZ with the two-toned leather interior (orange and black) and would like to clean and condition the leather. I am looking for some help on what products to use and the most effective way to use them. Since it is the two-toned interior, is there something specific I should use to prevent from creating any color distortion? Any tips, recommendations, or methods you personally use would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 ·
There are a number of brands of stuff out there that will work. Getting something that is specifically for leather is better than nothing at all.

I found that products from Wolfgang are supposed to be superior. Wolfgang Car Care Products

The biggest thing is to use them routinely. I use it on the seats and steering wheel cover. (I used to use it on the shifter cover in my first '11 LTZ, but after having to replace it with a used vehicle I discovered that the shifter in this one is plastic.) The kit I bought also has vinyl cleaner and conditioner that can be used on the dash, arm rest, etc. It also came with a detailing brush for the vents. I keep it in the center console and use it now and then to remove the dust that collects on the center stack.

#4 ·
I bought the Wolfgang leather combo care kit and the tried it out on an inconspicuous area. The cleaner is bringing up some of the dye. Are the seats in the LTZ not coated? Anybody have any first hand experience with the black and orange(brick) interior? Any other product that may work?

#5 ·
I have the dark brown and tan interior. This is the second one with the same interior and it has not made any stains or messes anywhere. I'd suggest that you contact Wolfgang and see what they say. You may have gotten some kind of repaired seat that didn't use the same quality materials as the factory. Or not. I hope you get this sorted out and the Wolfgang works since you've already bought it, mostly on my recommendation.

#6 ·
Me too! It seems like a really good product, I didn't come across any negative reviews when I searched around for what people said about it. I emailed them Friday night, just waiting to hear back. I really wanted to clean up my leather this weekend since we had all this good weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.