Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me the main difference between the LED tail lights and the regular tail lights along with their advantage?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Can someone tell me the main difference between the LED tail lights and the regular tail lights along with their advantage?

The greatest advantage to LED over conventional lights are two fold:

1) LED's never burn out (well rarely, they are rated in the well over 10,000 hour range)

2) Their intensity over a conventional light is much brighter.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Advantages like any LEDs they are instant on and off, resistant to shock, and have a longer life. How they look is depends on what type of LED and how they/it were implemented. From the looks of it I think they use a single LED, probably a Lumileds or a Cree.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I know the LTZ has the LED's but the other models do not and was just wondering what the major advantage was.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks for the info. I know the LTZ has the LED's but the other models do not and was just wondering what the major advantage was.
The only real advantage to you would be less likely to need replaced and the instant on/off some say makes a difference. I had my last car for 10 years and it had standard bulbs in the tail lights and I never had to replace one. If I had a choice from the factory when I bought my car I would have took the LED but there is nothing wrong with regular bulbs. I have a 2LT with regular bulbs and am not inclined to mess with them.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have to say, I have the LTZ, and I was bummed because I thought the LTZ taillights would be a grid of tons of small LEDs instead of just one large LED used to light everything. I was disappointed.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yeah one large bulb is not a "cool" looking as the multi - Didn't they do multi's on the cadillac? I thought those looked pretty sweet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.