Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! We just recently picked up a used 2017 Malibu LT for my wife. I'd love to replace the incandescent bulbs in the vanity mirrors, rear dome light, reverse, and license plate. I've searched the forum a little bit, but there can't seem to find any definitive source for these replacement LEDs. Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase these? And what type of bulbs are needed?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
1,954 Posts
I put these in my dome light, trunk, and license plate. They were cheap, all still work, bright clean white, and I guess I had good taste as they are now marked Amazon Choice (just means high rating and low returns). I hate recommending cut rate stuff like this as I can't speak for current quality but there it is:

JDM ASTAR LED

I am still looking on the vanities, I can't find those in my order history for some reason.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put these in my dome light, trunk, and license plate. They were cheap, all still work, bright clean white, and I guess I had good taste as they are now marked Amazon Choice (just means high rating and low returns). I hate recommending cut rate stuff like this as I can't speak for current quality but there it is:

I am still looking on the vanities, I can't find those in my order history for some reason.
Thanks so much! These look perfect. So the bulb is the same for the rear dome lights, trunk, and license plate? That makes it easy I guess! I’ll order some.

Let me know if you find the vanity lights.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All those are 194/168!
Thanks! I was able to order a set of those 10 JDM ASTAR LEDs from that link. I installed the rear dome, license plate, and trunk lights a couple days ago. PERFECT! The color perfectly matches the already LED front dome lights and they are the perfect brightness. I can see much better in the trunk and my wife's jeweled license plate frame twinkles at night SO nicely now. :) She loves it!

Are the vanity lights also the same bulbs? I thought maybe they were those "festoon" style. I haven't opened them up to see. But my guess is even if they are the same bulbs as the others, I think the ones I got would be WAY too bright for the vanity lights. Anyone have a link to some that wouldn't be as bright but still the nice color?

Thanks again! Next up is making the move to the LED headlights. I'm going to go the V.4 route.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Quick update, got the JDM AStar reverse bulbs from Amazon today. Installed in 5 mins, no resistor needed, perfect white bright light. Couldn’t be happier!

Here is the link to Amazon:

JDM ASTAR Extremely Bright 2000 Lumens 360-Degree Shine 921 912 90-EX Chipsets LED Bulbs For Backup Reverse Lights, Xenon White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GGK6QDW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YQI0Db3RS1ZFD

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quick update, got the JDM AStar reverse bulbs from Amazon today. Installed in 5 mins, no resistor needed, perfect white bright light. Couldn’t be happier!

Here is the link to Amazon:

JDM ASTAR Extremely Bright 2000 Lumens 360-Degree Shine 921 912 90-EX Chipsets LED Bulbs For Backup Reverse Lights, Xenon White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GGK6QDW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YQI0Db3RS1ZFD
Just to confirm, you had no issues with reverse lights? I have been regarding lots of feedback about reverse lights and majority of the time they do not work as intended. They work with unlocking the car, and actually reversing?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to confirm, you had no issues with reverse lights? I have been regarding lots of feedback about reverse lights and majority of the time they do not work as intended. They work with unlocking the car, and actually reversing?
Correct, zero issues. They come on when unlocking, in reverse, no flickering...perfect color and very bright. Don’t hesitate! Get them!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts