Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2014 Malibu LTZ 2.0t with 86,500 miles, remanufactured transmission, and regular oil changes. How long do these engines last on average? I know it's a small, high pressure turbo engine and that is a little worrying. Are they long lasting?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,453 Posts
No reason to think it has some set expectancy or expiration. Some people get an engine that tanks at 100k or earlier, some are going strong at 150k. There are definitely 2.0 LTG failure reports on these forums but compared with total cars on the road - something to be aware of but nothing to worry about. If it isn't burning excessive oil, isn't leaking or experiencing power loss, excessive vibration, strange noises, etc take care of it through regular oil changes and other maintenance, use quality fuel, and just drive it.

Reactions: Awesomeness

·
Registered
82 Posts
So I have a 2014 Malibu LTZ 2.0t with 86,500 miles, remanufactured transmission, and regular oil changes. How long do these engines last on average? I know it's a small, high pressure turbo engine and that is a little worrying. Are they long lasting?
Use good synthetic oil, top tier fuel and keep everything maintained (i.e. plugs) and you should easily get 150,000 miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts