Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the unlock and lock buttons dont work in either side the key fob dont work so i have to manually lock and unlock the doors dotn know what to do can somebody help?

·
Registered
483 Posts
My key fobs died along time ago...but my door locks still work. I am sure there is a fuse on the fuse pane for the locks,etc

·
Registered
700 Posts
The fob quit working.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes the fob quit working i reprogrammed the fob and it still wont work and still have to manually lock and unlock the doorsm i checked the fuses and i think i might have to get a new lock and unlock buttons for both sides and see if that is the problem

·
Registered
483 Posts
Does the door lock button work on the passenger door?

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,005 Posts
If the lock/unlock buttons inside the car don't work on either side and there's no reaction at all when pressed, then you'll have to troubleshoot the power lock system back to the BCM. The buttons in the car and on the keyfob might be fine. If all the locks budge a little bit when you hit the button, you might have dead lock actuators in the doors (which is more common in the 2008-12 Malibu).

The key fob can stop working over time because of the electronic contacts on the rubber button pad wear out. You can get a new button pad on Amazon for a few dollars to test it out, or hole-punch some aluminum foil and glue the little circles to the worn out electrical contacts on the back of the rubber pad.

Get the buttons in the car working before you worry about the key fobs, though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got one of the buttons to work and all i didi was go to the junk yard and got a new one so i might need a new one on the passenger side door because all the locks move when i do it on the drivers side door and when i put the new lock button the the passenger side they work. should the key fob work when i get a new button and key fob

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,147 Posts
The key fob should work regardless of whether the buttons on the doors work or not.

If the fob will pop the trunk and/or sound the alarm, then it could be as simple as what @cp-the-nerd recommends. You can also go to Keyless Fix (dot) com and check out their inserts. My fobs were starting to need me to press the buttons so hard that I just know I was gonna break something. I have had 2 of their inserts for over 5 years and they still work perfectly every time!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when I hit the trunk button on the key fob it don't work but I just got a brand new one couple days ago and programmed it and it don't work

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a fuse for the unlock switches

the unlock and lock buttons dont work in either side the key fob dont work so i have to manually lock and unlock the doors dotn know what to do can somebody help?
What number is the fuse for the lock and unlock switches

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,147 Posts
If you look on the fuse box cover there should be a diagram of the fuses. One or more should be identified as a fuse for the door lock system. On Gen7 vehicles (I own a 2011), there are 2 fuses: one for the remote receiver module and one for the actual hardware itself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts