1. P0171.... fuel teim system lean
2. P0030. (X2) ...... 402S heater control circuot sensor 1
3. P0005......HO2S heater resistance sensor1
4. P0102(X2) ..... Mass air flow sensor low frequency
5. P0140(X2) .....HO2S circuot inefficient activity sensor 2
6. P0455 (X2) ...... Evaporative emissions system large leak detected
7. P0463 (X2) .....Fuel level sensor circuit high voltage
8. P2A01...... HO2S performance sensor 2

Now. Alll of that and I still get 33.6mpg or 7.0lL/100k on the highway..... approx 20.5 mpg or 11.5 L/100km in the city. I have definant exhaust problems (loud and with obvious leak....no smoke or odour). The car runs fine ...except for idleing when first started roughly..... wants to die..... but runs fine later. Also I mentioned in another post.....i sometimes have the red oil light come on.....

Would love to hear some thoughts on this firends
9. P0053......HO2S heater resistance sensor 1
10. P0171...... Fuel teim system lean

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Definite bad MAF with frequency low. That will affect idle and fuel trims. O2 heater will affect cold starts until enough exhaust flow warms it up after a while.
I myself would change the MAF and upstream O2 sensor and go from there IE clear codes see what comes up again.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will keep you posted on the codes.....about to hit the grocery store..... but will say tue check engine light wouldnt go off lol...... will post results soon

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
K..... after a bit of driving

1. P0030 sensor 1..... again lol
2. P0102 MAF sensor low frequency
3 .P0463 fuel level sensor circuit high voltage

I am assuming the evap codes will show up again soon after the system becomes ready again. Pricing out the MAF i see re manufacturered units for 100 + core charge.... or about 120 for a new one

Appreciate the input guys

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found a used one for 60 dollars with a 60 day warenty on it.... tossing it around not sure which way to go

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So..... i put in a used maf yesterday..... dang maf low frequency code still there

But the plug right at the MAF looks a little suspect..... wondering if that is my whole issue. Will toss a pic of that up later. Anyone ever have MAF issues..... that werent the MAF?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there is a pic of the plug....the code seems intermittent slightly. ...so i am worried about the harness. I have my oil light coming on here and there....this maf code..... then a gas cap warning once and a while.... starting to worry about wireing. If anyone can give me a heads up on harness routings....if they share a harness,etc....i would love to hear from you

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay....so i fixed the big ....evap emissions large leak detected code..... was charcol canister purge valve solenoid....was busted . I recomend rockauto.... with shipping.....was still just over half the price of one locally.

Now, I have to address my MAF low frequency code.... I tried putting in a used MAF.....didnt fix the issue.... what else could cause this code..... like my above issue.... was something busted i never woulda guessed....any input welcome

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,279 Posts
If you have an OBD reader and Torque (or Torque Pro), you can monitor the actual data from the MAF and display it on a graph. That way you can detect any peaks or drop-outs.

Did you clear all of the codes? What keeps popping up?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have an inova 3100j plus scanner. ... ya not the best.....not even sure how to use most of the stuff on it..... not sure if it can read the maf like that

I keep getting my fueltank voltage issue now.... so ya gas guage is shot

After a while the maf code pops up..... i also if i search for it...have my left front wheel sensor is gone ( i knew that)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The evap code p0455 ... large leak detected is gone now

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Not sure how you male them linls nice and neat like you guys who posted them before lol.....i didnt know you can yank the sensor out of the houseing and just replace that part of it.... that link above is to a delphi replacement...

Repairman recomends delco only.... only thing is they want a core charge...and i would have to look into how i would do that through rockauto first.... it works out the cheapest after the core charge is satisfied

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
I would do the GM genuine for a few bucks more as not to deal with the core myself. Info button on RA lists give a lot more info in parts.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya they worry about contamination, etc it seems. So they suggest getting a whole unit in the houseing

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
K, update. Still have my low frequency MAF code. Wellllll I thought i would check it again.......

Now I have throttleboby low frequency code...... what the heck. So I am wondering if the used MAF I got didnt work.....because the Throttlebody.....and Maf share a harness.....and its degrading it the point of......now my throttlebody has an issue

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Your old one was a used MAF, used parts are a crap shoot. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and get new. Most important with electronic parts like sensors. It could be pulling down the 5v reference and affecting the T body since they are on the same harness.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Same harness eh? I appreciate that repairman.
Ya , I know , I know..... should get a new one. I am just so leary of spending the wad on that new MAF then finding out its something stupid....like ANOTHER wireing harness issue.... cash is supppper tight for me.

Would really lile to find a definitive way to confirm it.... other than a code... I am sure ypu have come across it a few times....were code. ....only points to the component affected but not really the cause.

But I really appreciate the advice repairman

1 - 17 of 17 Posts