Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a couple of used '09 LTZs and just wanted to make sure they're priced right...

One of them is white with no moonroof, 28,888 miles and priced at $17,999...
The other is Gray with no moonroof, 24,988 miles and priced at $17,950...

Besides the lack of moonroofs, I think that both have all other options.

Do those prices sound about right? Should I be able to talk the dealers down? If so, what should I shoot for?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
In my recent interactions with many dealers in the states of IA, MN, and OH - I think the mid $17k range is in line for an '09 LTZ. Heck, most '09 2LTs are going for that and more. Sunroof or not - an '09 LTZ for under $18k is a steel from what I'm seeing.

Also - as a point of reference - I have an '08 LTZ fully loaded, sunroof, V6, etc. Totally love the car - black metalic with cocoa and cashmere interior. I was looking at trying to trade it in to get an '09 2LT with the 4cyl and the bluetooth....2 nights ago - dealer in MN was going to give me $15500 for trade in. Car books out at $21k. So to answer your question again - yes, you are getting fair deal/price. Just make sure you do your research on the previous owner's of those vehicles....and if the dealer is saying they don't have that info - they are lying. It's not too hard to pull the title to see who's on it. If it's an insurance company's name on the title - good indication that it was involved in some sort of accident....even if title is clear. I've done this in the past and have been able to track down the previous owners and had gotten some very good/useful information out of them before making a purchase that one lives with the next 5 years or so....also - keep in mind that those carfax reports you hear so often about - don't report everything...especially if the previous owner was a 'large rental company'. They self insure their vehicles...so if one gets banged up - they fix in house - so it never gets 'reported' and back on road it goes...free and clear...even though...it may have sustained more than 80% damage...title still says 'clear'. It pays to do research...and it all starts with the name on title...

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
jnjsad
Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Chevy Malibu Forum is the best place for owners of the sedan to connect with the community and discuss MPG, mods, and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing